5 Posts

Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ability-- "Guard"&"sneak attack" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tsai MingChih
Taiwan
flag msg tools
The "guard" say "this warrior may take 1 wound that would have gone to the defending mouse".

I wonder know if the mouse ( has 3 point HP) recive 3 wounds from this attack,before he was captured , can the warrior use this ability to share some wounds?

and
The "sneak attack" say use its speed value instead of battle .
filch's speed is 3 ,and a 【+1 battle value】 weapon equipped ,when he use this ability ,he rolls 3 dice or 4?

thanks help~ : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your guard example is exactly what that ability is intended for.

Interesting question on sneak attack. At first I would have answered yes but, as you've pointed out, the bonus is a battle value bonus. A strict interpretation would suggest you only roll 3 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiken Bird wrote:
Interesting question on sneak attack. At first I would have answered yes but, as you've pointed out, the bonus is a battle value bonus. A strict interpretation would suggest you only roll 3 dice.

It's the latter. A bonus +1 battle from a weapon only increases the battle value, not the 'attack value'.

If you were to equip an item that gives you a bonus to your speed however, that would count towards a higher attack using this ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai MingChih
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Teeka wrote:
Chiken Bird wrote:

It's the latter. A bonus +1 battle from a weapon only increases the battle value, not the 'attack value'.

If you were to equip an item that gives you a bonus to your speed however, that would count towards a higher attack using this ability.

thank you,so I roll 3 dice,or have to increase my speed value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai MingChih
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Chiken Bird wrote:
I think your guard example is exactly what that ability is intended for.

thank you ,
guard can avoid the other mouse captured,I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.