Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Does H+ mean H when you do not have auto weapon?

If your soldier has a M-1 rifle and Shoots,
and gets an H+ result, obviously he is not
an auto weapons holder, but does that mean
it is treated as an H for the M-1 or is just
a Miss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is an H only. H+ is only for weapons that can support that result or else treat it as H.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is NOT an official rule, but some people play that crew served weapons with the assistant gunner not in base to base contact with the gunner cannot use Hit+ results. Basically to reflect the idea that only the gunner is firing the weapon.

As I said, this is not official but a house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Anderson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the soldier card says "use hit+" then you use it, otherwise it only ever counts as "hit".

I would never consider using the house rule mentioned above, as even without an assistant, the gun is still automatic, and hit+ results are infrequent enough. There are other cards that make MG's much better when the assistant gunner is in base to base contact, so no need to really gimp them when he's not - since basically they are already gimped.

Just my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
George_Anderson wrote:
If the soldier card says "use hit+" then you use it, otherwise it only ever counts as "hit".

I would never consider using the house rule mentioned above, as even without an assistant, the gun is still automatic, and hit+ results are infrequent enough. There are other cards that make MG's much better when the assistant gunner is in base to base contact, so no need to really gimp them when he's not - since basically they are already gimped.

Just my two cents.

Not in the base game or regular MG soldier or Asst. cards. Sure there may be team panels or equipment cards that benefit base to base with MG and Asst., but when that houserule came up, it was well before the other products were available, and considering how expensive the game is, not everyone is going to have all that extra stuff.

There isn't any requirements to even have Asst in games. You could field 3 MG soldiers and a couple H+ leaders to run around like a bunch of Rambo's, having great range with the MG's and a deck full of H+ cards.

People can play how they want to, based on what products they own and whether or not they want their MG soldiers to be able to run around carrying heavier weapons than other soldiers, and boxes of ammo, and still be fully effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.