Frank Meredith
United States
Schoharie
New York
flag msg tools
Any suggestions for a variant where tower-building results in scoring opportunities rather than prisoner-taking? And maybe one where BOTH can be factors in the same game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan K
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In two player games, my wife and I only play with 4 towers per player to cut down on the carnage. It still gets a little ugly at the end.

I guess if you cap a tower off, maybe count that as some points, or maybe a way in which to add another meeple to a region where it would be illegal otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the way this expansion looks, but I too would love to see a different ruleset for the pieces provided.

1.Perhaps claiming and building towers for points instead of meeple placement.

2. Perhaps the person with the highest tower attracts the princess and gets a bonus (redoing two expansions).

3. Perhaps building towers protects the surrounding x parimeter from the dragon and all unprotected pieces get removed prior to farm scoring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ururam Tururam
Poland
Krakow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Experimenting Warlock
badge
Caffa et bucella per attractionem corporum venit ad stomachum meum.
mbmbmbmbmb
A non-competitive variant:

Whenever a player does not place any meeple during his turn he may place a tower segment from the stock (containing initially all 30 segments) onto any tower space or existing tower.
Whenever a town or a road is scored the owner gets N additional points where N is equal to the total number of tower segments on the tiles composing the structure.
For scoring a monastery all 9 tiles are taken into account.
No tower bonus for scoring fields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.