Subject: How did I miss this one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How could I have overlooked this game on Kickstarter?!? This looks and sounds fantastic.

Well...now I have to go scouring the net for retailers that might carry it.

Now if only they can apply the same feel and theme for Football. "2 Minute Warning" perhaps. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye75 wrote:
How could I have overlooked this game on Kickstarter?!? This looks and sounds fantastic.

Now if only they can apply the same feel and theme for Football. "2 Minute Warning" perhaps. whistle

Oh yeah, two minute warning! Your team has the ball down by 4 with two minutes left. If you score you'll win, if not you lose. Could even be themed to be a playoff or championship game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
Hawkeye75 wrote:

Oh yeah, two minute warning! Your team has the ball down by 4 with two minutes left. If you score you'll win, if not you lose. Could even be themed to be a playoff or championship game.

I know right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
Hawkeye75 wrote:

Good thought. Start from the 20 yard line and get action points that = clock. The longer the play, the more time ticks off .... unless you get out of bounds. You could throw in variants with timeouts left as well.

Attempt inside run (gain 1-9) = 15 seconds off clock
Attempt outside run (gain 8-15) = 20 seconds off clock
"failed" run gains 0.

Attempt short pass (gain 1-9) = 10 seconds off clock if complete
Attempt mid-range pass (gain 8-15) = 15 seconds off clock if complete
Attempt long pass (gain 15-25) = 20 seconds off clock if complete
all passes are 5 seconds off clock if incomplete
Hail Mary pass (TD from less than 60 yards out) = whatever percentage

have defense (pitcher in BOTN) select defense ... guard run/pass and guard short/long pass

Offensive team has a single offensive card that gives DRM's for rushing and passing the ball.

Dice race to see if play is success or failure. Just like BOTN - 5/6 = success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we have a good start on this one. Greater Than Games (Dice Hate Me Games) can you finish it up for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And when you're done, please do "Game 7 Overtime" and "On the buzzer" for hockey and basketball respectively.

Then you can bundle this in some kind of "Sports Highlight Series", and sell a cubic fsckton of it.

If that doesn't nail you guys a truckload of money, then I clearly don't know anything about the state of North American of Sports fandom.

Wait... I don't know much about the state of North American of Sports fandom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
I think we have a good start on this one. Greater Than Games (Dice Hate Me Games) can you finish it up for us?

What?! A football game with the Bottom of the 9th engine?! That is TOTALLY not in the works here... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could add "Extra Time" for Soccer/Futbol too. Or name it Shootout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
getlouder wrote:
mayneric wrote:

What?! A football game with the Bottom of the 9th engine?! That is TOTALLY not in the works here... whistle

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Jones
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hokum House Games/Brock Jones on Gamecrafter
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Fliip football. I have it and it has some great game scenario variants.
Love Bottom of the 9th btw...I would surely welcome any sports games with a similar engine.
Now if someone could show me a game that would scratch my Petanque itch while my court is closed during the Winter months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjschryver wrote:
getlouder wrote:
mayneric wrote:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

What he said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
flag msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
mayneric wrote:
Hawkeye75 wrote:

Good thought. Start from the 20 yard line and get action points that = clock. The longer the play, the more time ticks off .... unless you get out of bounds. You could throw in variants with timeouts left as well.

Attempt inside run (gain 1-9) = 15 seconds off clock
Attempt outside run (gain 8-15) = 20 seconds off clock
"failed" run gains 0.

Attempt short pass (gain 1-9) = 10 seconds off clock if complete
Attempt mid-range pass (gain 8-15) = 15 seconds off clock if complete
Attempt long pass (gain 15-25) = 20 seconds off clock if complete
all passes are 5 seconds off clock if incomplete
Hail Mary pass (TD from less than 60 yards out) = whatever percentage

have defense (pitcher in BOTN) select defense ... guard run/pass and guard short/long pass

Offensive team has a single offensive card that gives DRM's for rushing and passing the ball.

Dice race to see if play is success or failure. Just like BOTN - 5/6 = success.

there's a card game out there called Third and Long: The Football Card Game that works somewhat like that. Not the last two minutes of the game, but you only play for "key downs" during a drive , not every play. The draw deck acts as the timer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.