Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone messed with using more than 3 modules? From reading the rules, it looks like the 9th module (Stocks) could be added on top of other modules.

I wonder if that would make for a richer game experience, as you wouldn't be losing the aspects of the other modules to add in the stocks. I wonder if 9+1-2-3 would be a more interesting game, as you're now adding in a stock element which adds a short term vs long term reward component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamás Fekete
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent point, I'm just thinking on this for a while (and want to write about some day), more specifically how to apply more modules in a game to increase game experience (for gamers who feel the current way "too little" in mechanics).

My initial idea is that probably we could apply for the TOP-III. simultaneously 2 or even 3 modules in any game without major harm - like 1-2-68, or 1-2-34, etc.

But: I would really try games with more modules in TOP-II. or even TOP-I., like more ways for collecting money, or more ways for getting VP.
(Of course it would cause some rule tinkering.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't the first thread to ask this question. With sticks in position I you win by having the most money, vp are worthless. With module 9 in position II you want the income of the companies to be tied to the vp of the companies. Otherwise you'll get some degenerate strategies.

You would have to heavily house rule either of those games, and module 9 adds plenty to the game so it isn't really necessary.

Adding an extra module to position 3 would be the easiest way to make the game a bit more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played using 2 modules once, but never 4 or more!

The other day we played 58/

Fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:
This isn't the first thread to ask this question

Are you talking about having any 4 modules in a game or specifically about module 9? I couldn't find any post discussion the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:
Adding an extra module to position 3 would be the easiest way to make the game a bit more interesting.

After reading through the rules, I see what you are saying. Going to try adding the roads module in as well in slot 3.

Will try 93(4+6). Roads doesn't add too much complexity so I'll probably add that in. More of another tool to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.