Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the trilogy and they live as a combined set. In playing this we always find that the I've got a secret round goes on way too long and we can easily lose a couple of players during that round. Even worse, for them, is the fact that since war has not been declared they do not get a final strike.

I must go through the, now rather large, deck and cull some of the secrets and top secrets. Tough job though, so many of them are so cute and must not be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Karlsson
Sweden
Eskilstuna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Too many secrets and top secrets when combining all three games
Karlsen (#20023),
I've had the same problem, but made up a couple of different decks with the same basic setup of other cards (somewhere in one set of the rules they mention a prefered percentage of cards that are very useful for this) and then I can just pick different decks to get different secrets (also makes the decks a lot easier to shuffle :-) ). You still have to many secrets though so some will have to be left out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Too many secrets and top secrets when combining all thre
We found the same thing, and culled all repeated secret cards plus some more to make a good balance. We also now play where we no longer say "I have a top secret" and "I have a secret", it is always just "I have a secret", but the honor system says offer Top Secrets first if you have them. Adds a little mystery using a spy to buy the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Too many secrets and top secrets when combining all thre
Quote:
since war has not been declared they do not get a final strike.

Being ousted by Secrets & Top Secrets does give a final retaliation. Propaganda does not.

Official site suggests creating a sideboard of Secrets. Put the number of secrets in the deck that you think is appropriate, then whenever one is drawn, instead of being used, it is put on the bottom of the sideboard deck and the top card of that deck is drawn instead.

It allows all secrets to be used occasionally without having to go through the deck & change them out between games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.