Subject: Spotting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for asking about spotting, but its not really clear for myself.
When do I have to make a spot check? If the cover is less then the soldier u automatically spot, right!?
If the coverlevel is equal the Soldier stanca then u have to spot? If u have to spot from one hex range or from greater distance? Do u have to spot on targets who open fire on u?
If the cover level is higher than the soldier u never can spot, right?!

Greetings Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When do I have to make a spot check? If the cover is less then the soldier u automatically spot, right!?

Yes

Quote:
If the cover level is equal to the Soldier stance then u have to spot?

Yes

Quote:
If the cover level is equal to the Soldier stance then u have to spot? If u have to spot from one hex range or from greater distance?

Yes if spotter is not adjacent to the cover.

If adjacent to cover, we have assumed that the target can be seen. Unless of course both units are lower tan the obstacle in between them.

Quote:
Do u have to spot on targets who open fire on u?

This is not covered in the rules. Some of those I have gamed with think that this makes the target visible, others think not.

Quote:
If the cover level is higher than the soldier u never can spot, right?

Usually correct, but look at diagram for a spotter shooting from a higher level in a building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Amaddeo
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hello sorry for my belate reply, but I suffered a car accident that hampered my normal operations for a while.

Just a little note about this question:

"Do u have to spot on targets who open fire on u?"

If they are not visible anymore (maybe because they have ducked in cover) the answer is yes, you need to spot them once again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.