10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terrain setup. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan the Mysterious
msg tools
mb

So following the showdown page for any monster that says randomly draw two terrain tiles....what determines where these get setup? I know if you ambush the monster the survivors get to pick the locations (according to the rules on the card about distance from each other), but what if you do not ambush?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
we just played it so that we could determine where they were placed provided the rules for placement weren't broken to speed up time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
we just played it so that we could determine where they were placed provided the rules for placement weren't broken to speed up time.

We did the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the problem. If you fulfill the requirements, it's legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I forget the wording on the Monster Corpse tile, but I believe that you get to place your survivors wherever you want to start the showdown. This probably guarantees that you get a good ambush (some survivors with lower than normal movement for any reason might not be able to hit the monster otherwise, if they started in the default showdown positions).

But the Terrain placement itself, in general, is dictated by either the cards themselves (the survivors get to choose where within those restrictions) or by the showdown setup which may override the normal Terrain card setup rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you following the space restrictions? For example, when it has to be six spaces away, do you have actually five free spaces in between terrain or six?

I know it sounds strange but when you move a miniature six spaces, there are actually only five free spaces between where it started and ended up since it actually lands on the sixth space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Five between. If you look at survivors' distance to the monster, they say 6 and it's 5 between, so that's what we went off of (wording + example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Place two figures in the same space. Now move one figure one space away. They will be in adjacent spaces. Continue counting thusly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan the Mysterious
msg tools
mb
Yeah im following restrictions but on fights like the SA, it seems like you are definately going to get an advantage by putting the grass where the survivors can use it all up immediately in the fight and disadvantage the SA. Seems like it should be more restrictive in cases like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Bauersfeld
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
According to the recently released FAQ at http://tools.kingdomdeath.com/faq/ (and I'm pretty sure somewhere in the rulebook IIRC) "Showdown setup rules supercede the setup rules on terrain cards. Only use the setup rules on terrain cards when the showdown story event does not specify how to setup the terrain." Take the opportunity to place them to your advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.