Popular Tags: [View All]
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When playing solo does the masterminds count as a villain group or are they added into the deck in addition to the normal build?

2. Do these masterminds count as villains like for example with Namor's UR card allowing you to beat one villain for free?

Just want to make sure I played this right is all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeevoy wrote:
1. When playing solo does the masterminds count as a villain group or are they added into the deck in addition to the normal build?

2. Do these masterminds count as villains like for example with Namor's UR card allowing you to beat one villain for free?

Just want to make sure I played this right is all

I don't play solo, so can't answer your first question.

However, Masterminds are not villains, so can't be defeated by any "villain" defeating card effects, such as Namor's.

Edit: If the scheme really does say the below, then obviously this scheme is an exception and I'm way off base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
I believe the wording of the scheme states that they are "Tyrant Villains" and have no other text, in which case they are villains and can be affected by things that target Villains/Adversaries but not by things that target Masterminds/Commanders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are extra cards added to the villain deck, so irrespective of the number of players, they have to be added. What this means is that they do not count as a villain group. But yes, they are villains and theoretically could be defeated by Namor s card. What i am not so sure about is whether they would work with Bullseye's card that counta rhe number od villains from a villain group (adversary group). Could somebody clarify that for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carnilius wrote:
I believe the wording of the scheme states that they are "Tyrant Villains" and have no other text, in which case they are villains and can be affected by things that target Villains/Adversaries but not by things that target Masterminds/Commanders.

Yes, it says they are "Tyrant Villains." I would say that puts them squarely in the Villain category if cards for the match. They are in addition to the regular villain group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone is curious, the Scheme "Master of Tyrants" says the following:

Setup: 8 Twists. Choose 3 other Masterminds and shuffle their 12 tactics into the Villain Deck. Those Tactics are "Tyrant Villains" with their printed Attack and no abilities.
Twist 1-7: Put this Twist under a Tyrant Villain as "Dark Power." It gets +2 Attack.
Twist 8: All Tyrant Villains in the city escape.
Evil Wins: When 5 Tyrant Villains escape.

To answer the questions above:

1- They are added in addition to the normal complement of Villains that are already in the Villain deck in a regular game.

2- First, as I've seen it mentioned, keep in mind that the Masterminds themselves are not shuffled into the Villain Deck. Only their Tactics cards are. Therefore, we don't need to get into the "Does a Mastermind count as a Villain" thing. On topic, the Scheme specifies that the Tactics cards are now "Tyrant Villains." As such, they are vulnerable to any effect that affects Villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Really appreciate you hanging around these posts and keeping us playing this great game correctly. One of the reasons we love Marvel Legendary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
In case anyone is curious, the Scheme "Master of Tyrants" says the following:

Setup: 8 Twists. Choose 3 other Masterminds and shuffle their 12 tactics into the Villain Deck. Those Tactics are "Tyrant Villains" with their printed Attack and no abilities.
Twist 1-7: Put this Twist under a Tyrant Villain as "Dark Power." It gets +2 Attack.
Twist 8: All Tyrant Villains in the city escape.
Evil Wins: When 5 Tyrant Villains escape.

To answer the questions above:

1- They are added in addition to the normal complement of Villains that are already in the Villain deck in a regular game.

2- First, as I've seen it mentioned, keep in mind that the Masterminds themselves are not shuffled into the Villain Deck. Only their Tactics cards are. Therefore, we don't need to get into the "Does a Mastermind count as a Villain" thing. On topic, the Scheme specifies that the Tactics cards are now "Tyrant Villains." As such, they are vulnerable to any effect that affects Villains.

I assume however, that similar to the way bystanders act in the killbot scheme, once in your victory pile they revert back to a Mastermind tactic card and are no longer treated as villains. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carnilius IV
msg tools
mb
spillz606 wrote:

I assume however, that similar to the way bystanders act in the killbot scheme, once in your victory pile they revert back to a Mastermind tactic card and are no longer treated as villains. Correct?

I disagree. The scheme says that the Mastermind Tactics are Tyrant Villains, it does not say that this is only true when they are in the City. For precedence, see the Transform Citizens into Demons, which changes Jean Grey's hero cards into "Goblin Queen" villains permanently, even in the victory pile. In the Killbot scheme that you mention, it is made explicit that they are Villains only in the Villain Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a tactic like Misty Knight or king pin that has a bribe effect. I suppose I have to hit her natural 14? Or if you're using Calactus you have to hit the 24 without a cosmic threat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.