Terra Mystica» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Auction format rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cooper Matlock
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you for creating this format. However, there is one rule from the expansion that I think would play out well for the tournament. I would love to have an auction format. This way, each game can feature the same powers, and we wouldn't have to deal with only the same seven or so powers. Of course, additional programming would be required to make this happen, but would be nice to see the Auren or Fakirs for a change. Thanks for your consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Tanuri Pascotini
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
YES!
Could be a new format, keep the old one and create a new league.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
I agree with you and would like to see the auction format implemented on snellman/ in the leagues as well, as I find it superior to the classic format in many ways (we always use it when we play face to face in my playing group). However, there are practical problems with implementing it in a way that would work well online. Have a look at this thread where it has been discused:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1273435/auction-variant-snel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.