Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Runelords when it initially released, and remember being super bummed when Paizo released the FAQ and I saw the number of cards that needed to be fixed. Are this set and S&S still as bad? I'd like to buy another set, but I just have this thing about a ton of errata'd cards; it really bothers me. And yes, I know where the FAQs are on the Paizo site, but going through them doesn't really tell me how much the answers affect the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
super bummed when Paizo released the FAQ and I saw the number of cards that needed to be fixed.

It's what put me off buying any of their other products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
And yes, I know where the FAQs are on the Paizo site, but going through them doesn't really tell me how much the answers affect the cards.

If you look at the FAQ, they are grouped by what they change. "Rules Questions" change things in the Rulebook. "Card Questions" change things on cards. So, if you count the card questions you can get a good idea of how many cards have changes. Some of the cards have more than one copy and some of the entries effect more than one card, but it is decent estimate.

That being said, I make print outs with the bottoms of the cards that have errata that I slide into the sleeves I have the cards in. For comparison, I have the following count:

RotR - 191
S&S - 89
WotR - 75

So, yes, there are less cards needing errata.

Also, some of the errata are totally meaningless. Like this one. That changes nothing in the game at all. But the trait was technically incorrect. So they issued an errata. A lot of them are like that or are minor clarifications, at least in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The original base set (Rist of the Runelords) had a lot of errata and card templating issues (inconsistent phrasing or use of terminology).

S&S and Wrath were significantly better IMO. The only errata I can recall needing was for specific scenarios or villains that didn't make sense when we first read the cards (and it turned out to require Errata in the FAQ to finally make sense or play correctly). The cards that go into the player's decks had almost no errata that I can recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this won't satisfy most critics, but you can buy cards which have nearly all of the RotR errata:

1st edition errata cards $23

2nd edition errat cards $10

If you have a mixed set of editions, buying the 1st edition errata cards will cover everything, as it has all the errata included in the 2nd edition set.

They tried to match the card backs to each edition. I can't say how successful they were, as I didn't examine them closely before sleeving them. There is half a millimeter difference in height for the 1st edition cards. I believe the second edition cards match the original's size.

Paizo says an errata set for Skull & Shackles will come out soon. They are waiting to see that all the errata shakes out before printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic has the same problem. See the cards and rules bulletins for Fate Reforged.

At the time of this bulletin, Fate Reforged had errata for 23/185 cards, or 12%. RotR has errata on 191/1313 or 15%. These Fate Reforged bulletins came out just a few weeks after the release of the set, so it is likely further errata have been published.

I also agree that most of the RotR errata are clarifications or changes that don't affect gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain about the Errata. It isn't a lot of fun reviewing the FAQ before each scenario and hoping you remember everything while you play.

If it's any comfort, an adventure guide will soon be available for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played through the first two and more than halfway through Wrath. I've basically ignored all the errata and haven't been the worse for it. I'm just looking to have a fun co-op game to play with my kids and this worked great. I'm averaging probably 1 or 2 issues per set that something seemed off or I was confused enough that I checked on it online.

Keeping up on big FAQ's and lots of Errata is way too much work for what is worth in my opinion. I'm sure this resulted in playing some stuff incorrectly but nothing that seemed game breaking or ruined the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the previous statement, but have a different question:

Are errata cards available for WotR as they are for RotR?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
takai wrote:
I agree with the previous statement, but have a different question:

Are errata cards available for WotR as they are for RotR?

Thanks.

Errata cards are not available yet for WotR, considering that the last Adventure Deck was just released last month. They will take some time to collect further feedback and make sure they catch as much as they can before releasing errata cards. It's going to be several months before they do so, as they still haven't released the errata cards for the previous base set, S&S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And that is a good thing! It would be really annoinko to get errata cards for errata cards. Better make them as good as possible before printings.
But even rune lords where there Are a lot of erratat most erratas Are not essential!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.