Epic PVP: Fantasy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cards with multiple Block or Double Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hamm
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So some multiple attacks or multiple blocks on them, such as the Samurai's Deflect or the High Elves Dance of Blades. How do those work for the purposes of using them to block or blocking them when being attacked?

If they have multiple block values on them, can they block multiple cards?

And for attacks that have multiple attack values do you have to block each one with multiple cards, unless you get lucky and have a card with multiple block values on it ready to play?

I know in the rule book it says you have to block attack cards with no more than 1 block card. But I haven't found anything about the ones with multiple values.

To me it seems to break the rules, so the cards take precedence over the rules and can block multiple cards or have to be blocked by multiple cards. But I would like an official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had the chance to play once but the cards seem pretty straight forward and most games are card text takes precedence.
If they have multiple of anything I personally would consider them as two different cards and yes they would need to card to block or they could block two cards.
But I'm not 100%

Modrin wrote:
So some multiple attacks or multiple blocks on them, such as the Samurai's Deflect or the High Elves Dance of Blades. How do those work for the purposes of using them to block or blocking them when being attacked?

If they have multiple block values on them, can they block multiple cards?

And for attacks that have multiple attack values do you have to block each one with multiple cards, unless you get lucky and have a card with multiple block values on it ready to play?

I know in the rule book it says you have to block attack cards with no more than 1 block card. But I haven't found anything about the ones with multiple values.

To me it seems to break the rules, so the cards take precedence over the rules and can block multiple cards or have to be blocked by multiple cards. But I would like an official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
each block/attack on a move counts as a seperate block/attack, so a multi block move can block 2 different attacks and multi attack moves count as seperate attacks, each blocked seperately and each dealing 1 damage if it hits. +1 attack/defense/damage counters will only affect 1 of the attacks/blocks on a move, not all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.