Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph W.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to give thanks to Miniature market and their excellent customer service - notably Chris B.

I was able to purchase some great games during the first day of their thanksgiving week sale. This was my first purchase from Miniature market and I was super excited to try out Dungeon Petz (among others).

However, someone jacked the delivered package (and 2 others) from my front porch before I could get home.

Chris B. and miniature market went out of their way to replace the games they still had in stock, an upgrade to the latest version of Dungeon petz (which cost more than the one I ordered), and refunds/exchanges for games no longer in stock. No hassle, no problems, and a new box of games on the way.

Thank you! You will have a repeat customer in me.

Joseph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no law on ceres.... just cops.
badge
i keep warning you. doors and corners, kid. that's where they get you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's pretty unheard of. Good on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie Wick
United States
Waco
Texas
flag msg tools
I've never bought from them before, but thank's for sharing your positive experience. It's nice to hear something good about a company, especially with regards to customer service like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two sides to every story. I just received my second and last order from Miniature Market. There are three major OLGS. I have placed several orders with the other two and never had a problem. Miniature Market provides good prices and minimal service in my experiences. Read previous threads as to why you should stick to CSI and Cardhaus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanada Spiel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
There are two sides to every story. I just received my second and last order from Miniature Market. There are three major OLGS. I have placed several orders with the other two and never had a problem. Miniature Market provides good prices and minimal service in my experiences. Read previous threads as to why you should stick to CSI and Cardhaus.

A link would be nice. Anyway, I've ordered many times more from MM and Cardhaus than CSI. I think price and cs are better than CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kim
United States
Mukilteo
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from MM a couple of times but only recently created an account with them because I chose them to be my main OLGS. This is because they have great prices, low shipping costs for orders under $100 (never had a problem with damaged games or poor packing), and quick responses to any questions. I've ordered from CSI and Cardhaus as well and can't say any had any better customer service than the other. They are all great. To me, the differentiator is price and shipping costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cornett
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb
edparkmike1 wrote:
I just received my second and last order from Miniature Market.

I'm with you. I've ordered from MM 4 times, the most recent one being placed/shipped last Monday and arriving yesterday. 3 games, each of which was damaged before leaving MM's facility (shipping box was pristine and the items were packed fairly well). Be it management, whoever picked my order, or both.. someone didn't care enough about not pushing damaged product out the door. The market's too competetive to give my dollar to a retailer that can't manage to sort "New" from "ding, dent and thrashed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed two separate orders a couple days apart from MM during the Thanksgiving Sale. I've only placed two other orders with them last year during the holidays and didn't have an issue but I'm pretty worried this time around.

The first order I placed on Wednesday and I got a shipping confirmation on Saturday. But the estimated delivery date is for the following Saturday, one week to go from St Louis to Orlando FL for an order well over $100?

The second order I placed on that same Saturday I got the shipping confirmation on the first order. The order is still in "order received" status meaning they haven't even begun processing and pulling the items for the order. And I noticed at least one of the games on my order is now out of stock so I'll probably be S.O.L. on that since it's a clearance item.

I know its Black Friday business and it's crazy busy and things may take a bit longer than usual. I'm ok with that. I'm not really in any rush. But it worries me that the order seems to just be sitting there now going on a few days with no update at least to the "processing" stage.

In the same time frame, I've placed and received via UPS/FedEx 3 other separate orders with two companies. Granted, one of those companies is only about 45 minutes up the road but they still have to process all the same orders from all around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
badge
mbmbmb
We do apologize for the delay on your order. Due to the high volume of orders received during our Thanksgiving Sale we are under a 4 business day shipping delay as noted in the shopping cart at checkout. Our warehouse is working diligently to get all orders processed and shipped out as quickly as possible. You will get a confirmation email when your order ships.

Many of our Thanksgiving Sale items did sell out during the duration of the sale. However, please rest assured that the items are removed from our inventory at the time the order is placed. The quantities that are showing on line are those quantities that are still available for sale and therefore an item that is listed as out of stock, though no longer available for sale, will still have quantities available in our warehouse for outstanding orders that are awaiting to be processed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniaturemarket wrote:
We do apologize for the delay on your order. Due to the high volume of orders received during our Thanksgiving Sale we are under a 4 business day shipping delay as noted in the shopping cart at checkout. Our warehouse is working diligently to get all orders processed and shipped out as quickly as possible. You will get a confirmation email when your order ships.

Many of our Thanksgiving Sale items did sell out during the duration of the sale. However, please rest assured that the items are removed from our inventory at the time the order is placed. The quantities that are showing on line are those quantities that are still available for sale and therefore an item that is listed as out of stock, though no longer available for sale, will still have quantities available in our warehouse for outstanding orders that are awaiting to be processed.

Wow. Thanks for that reply. This definitely puts my mind at ease and I totally understand. Wasn't expecting a direct reply so it's very much appreciated. Many thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
Should always make sure the parcel requires a signature so it won't be left at the doorstep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Turner
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
Should always make sure the parcel requires a signature so it won't be left at the doorstep.

You can also Customize your Delivery on the FedEx website and have it held for pickup at a FedEx Office

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"We do apologize...." is the official MM slogan. I prefer undamaged games and customer service.

miniaturemarket wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Furnivall
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are their ticket response times like? I put in a Support request Wed. night and haven't heard anything yet.

Edit: Never mind, just received my response. Looks like things will be taken care of. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am glad to hear that your support ticket has been handled for you. Our customer service department tries to respond to all emails within 24 hours. However, currently with increased phone and email volumes some emails are taking slightly longer then our typical response times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
There the best.....hands down!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.