• [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! The components look really nice. The graphics are great.

I was wondering...what size are the map boards and what size are the cards (standard playing size?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to order but received an error on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have been uploaded to Board Game Geek and will hopefully be up this weekend. Also will be the back of the game box showing a gunfight in action and some of the cards. The game is really shaping up to be a real beauty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game boards are double sided hard 8" x 11" full color. The cards are standard playing card size,,,,and we have playing card symbols on the cards (for a reason). The company producing the game in Germany is the same company that produces Phalanx Games high quality products. We are very excited about the quality in this game. The game box will be a standard game box. The counters will be Phalanx quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished reading the rule, it shows the gameplay
is simple (compared with other wargamer) but
very interesting. I believe non-experinced
player can start enjoying the game in 5 min
if someone explain he/she the rule, or spends
15 min to read the 12-page rule.

However, if it can add more, e.g. crawl/prone
pose, more different kind of guns/weapons (
e.g. dynamite, smoke), it will be better.

Also, the rule book does not say the victory
condition(s)...although we can easily say it
should be "kill-them-all". Probably different
scenarios have different conditions...I don't
know.

Any idea how it will be performed in solo play?
Compared to its big brother Gunslinger??

If I am correct, Gunslinger is more complicate,
right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't add rules for crawl and prone, etc., and different weapons on purpose. The game was about gunfights. It didn't matter if you were shot with a .45 colt at 7 feet or a .22 at feet, the idea was you were shot, we didn't want to bog the game down with technical data and ammo loads and trigger pull weights etc. The scenarios do list the victory conditions. We will be putting a scenario or two out sometime in the near future. The printer does have the materials for some parts of the game and is in the configuring process right now.

I'm sure there will be house rules for things like crawling etc. We are thinking of in future expansions for the game adding elevation (2nd floor to the buildings, etc) so it is possible we could add house rules we like to expansion sets but for the first game we wanted an 8 year old be able to pick it up and play it as easily as an 40 year old. Pop a western into the DVD and spend some quality father son time enjoying a game and talking, not playing a video game staring at a tv screen.

We do hope everybody enjoys this game as much as we do and think if everyone gives it a chance they will see the depth of the game and the balance we tried to give the scenarios. The cards add an unbelievable amount of replayability and make every game fresh and new.

Thanks,
Grant Wylie

Keep the comments coming cuz we do read em and take em into consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly ( the best western ever made )...or Fistfull of Dollars, or For A Few Dollars More.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice simple game, I can ALMOST play it after just skimming the Rulebook. But:

1. If it costs 2 MPs to change/pick up weapons, does this mean that a guy with 3 wounds can't do it?
2. If you pick up a weapon, how much ammo does it have?
3. Do cowboys/horses/etc block LOS through the whole square or just through their picture?
4. If a LOS passes through a square corner shared with an black line, is the LOS blocked or clear?
5. If a LOS passes through a square corner shared with a red line, is the LOS hindered or clear?
6. If a LOS passes through a square corner where a black line and a red line meet, is the LOS blocked or hindered?
7. Fan Fire: Can you expend less than the maximum number of shots? Do you have to predesignate how many you will take?

Too late as it has gone to print, but it would probably have been a good idea for Town Folk NOT to leave their rifles, since players may eliminate them (or get them eliminated) in order to get hold of the rifle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If/when an expansion comes out, It would be awesome to have multiple levels on a building. A western isn't a western without that guy on the roof with a rifle shooting down below, getting gunned himself and tumbling to the ground below! A man on the roof should get a + modifier.

How about Kegs of gunpowder that can be shot and exploded?

How about buildings that can catch on fire!?

Kneeling/prone could be cool too.

I would love to see all of these in the game or expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the only differentiation between characters is that some of them get a +1 or +2 modifier? No special skills or anything like that? Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Klempa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathirtle wrote:
I don't have the shot chart; can you tell me if it's possible to kill a character with a single shot? Or do you normally have to hit a character four times to kill him (that seems a bit bizarre).

My understanding is that normally it's 'one shot, one damage'. If you roll a natural '12', it does double damage. If you pair that with the 'Critical Hit' card (which double damage again), you could conceivably do 4 hits in one shot.

Alternately, you could use the 'Deadly Shot' optional rule which allows double damage for a modified roll of 12+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:

How about Kegs of gunpowder that can be shot and exploded?

How about buildings that can catch on fire!?

Kneeling/prone could be cool too.

I would love to see all of these in the game or expansion.

Buildings can in fact be set on fire in this game via the use of a "smoke em out" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've pre-ordered this. I so much want the game to play like the gunfight in the film "Open Range", (a decent, albeit slow moving film that builds to a climactic gun battle...the best gunfight EVER). Even if it is by pure luck, some of the gunmen should have the chance to be dropped in their tracks, with one shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
I've pre-ordered this. I so much want the game to play like the gunfight in the film "Open Range", (a decent, albeit slow moving film that builds to a climactic gun battle...the best gunfight EVER). Even if it is by pure luck, some of the gunmen should have the chance to be dropped in their tracks, with one shot.

They do via cards and what not. It is just rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.