Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay,

Well done, everyone.

The Guide is Saved! With the support of the villagers, the elder has been moved to aid our heroes. Their guide has been saved, and a new wound card will be voted on right here to design a bonus card around. The Heroes can continue their journey to Perdition’s Mouth!

We’ll take the wound description that gets most thumbs within this week on this thread. Of course you can and should write your own descriptions as there is only one now (mine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerve damage

Game symbols: @Movement@ -@ResponseCard@

Flavor: The last blow must have ruined something in your spine, making your limbs stop moving from time to time. Frustrating as hell - and painful to boot.

Explanation: When ever you want to play this wound, you have to plan your movement and only then draw the Response to indicate how many @AP@ was deducted.

Designers comment: This is very nasty wound. As I have something very close to this IRL, I can promise it is nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackie Pettipas
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Nerve damage

Flavor: The last blow must have ruined something in your backbone as occasionally you notice that you lose control of some random limb. It's frustrating as hell - and painful to an excruciating level.
(this is likely too long)

Explanation: When ever you want to play this wound, you have to plan your movement and only then draw the Response to indicate how many @AP@ was deducted.

Designers comment: This is very nasty wound. As I have something very close to this IRL, I can promise it is nasty.

To make the description a little shorter you could use:

The last blow must have ruined something in your spine, you notice that you lose control your limbs sometimes. Frustrating as hell - and painful to boot.

This is 153 characters instead of 192 Almost 40 characters shorter and saying almost the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be more cards so we can vote or are we supposed to design the other wounds? I don't understand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sithtar wrote:

The last blow must have ruined something in your spine, you notice that you lose control your limbs sometimes. Frustrating as hell - and painful to boot.

This is 153 characters instead of 192 Almost 40 characters shorter and saying almost the same thing.

thumbsup I approve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
Denmark
LISELEJE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sithtar wrote:
Eridis wrote:
Nerve damage

Flavor: The last blow must have ruined something in your backbone as occasionally you notice that you lose control of some random limb. It's frustrating as hell - and painful to an excruciating level.
(this is likely too long)

You'd need to write "You notice that you lose control over your limbs sometimes".

Or maybe: The last blow must have ruined something in your spine, making your limbs go numb/crazy/or whatever you want it to be from time to time(replace with: sometimes if you wish).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:
Is there going to be more cards so we can vote or are we supposed to design the other wounds? I don't understand...

YOU are supposed to write more and we'll vote. Where is the fun if you rely only to my meager imagination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paranoïa

Game symbols: @Fight@ @-3@

Flavor: Your last experiences have seriously compromised your trust for other heroes. They say they want to help you, and then they throw a fireball at you or whirlwind with their damn sword...

Explanation: While this card is in your hand, any hero Aiding you must draw a @ResponseCard@. If there is an @eye@, the Aiding hero suffer 1 @wound@ and you discard this card.
HARD RULES: You cannot reveal your have that card in your hand before triggering the effect.

Designers comment: This mental injury is nasty. It will last until you can hit something right in the face, be it another hero.
I think this wound reflects well the fact that heroes effectively hit each others when they perform area of effects.

------------------------------------------------------------

Edited to integrate the secret rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
Paranoïa

Game symbols: @Fight@ @-3@

Flavor: Your last experiences have seriously compromised your trust for other heroes. They say they want to help you, and then they throw a fireball at you or whirlwind with their damn sword...

Explanation: While this card is in your hand, any hero Aiding you must draw a @ResponseCard@. If there is an @eye@, the Aiding hero suffer 1 @wound@ and you discard this card.

Designers comment: This mental injury is nasty. It will last until you can hit something right in the face, be it another hero.
I think this wound reflects well the fact that heroes effectively hit each others when they perform area of effects.

------------------------------------------------------------

PTSD (Post Traumatic Syndrom Disorder)

Game symbols: @drawone@=0

Flavor: Sometimes, horrible memories flood you and you are paralized by anxiety. You need to rest, but you can't sleep. It's like a never ending nightmare.

Explanation: While this card is in your hand, you cannot draw any hero card. Discard this card when you takea Rest action (but don't draw any card).

Designers comment: Mental injuries are the worst. The PTSD is the most common of the mental disorders you can get during battles. It can make you unable to think or sleep. It needs some time to recover.

Both are amazingly good. You should really split these in two posts, so people can vote both if need be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)

Game symbols: @rest@

Flavor: Sometimes, horrible memories flood you and you are paralized by anxiety. You need to rest, but you can't sleep. It's like a never ending nightmare.

Explanation: While this card is in your hand, you cannot draw any hero card. Discard this card when you take a Rest action (but don't draw any card).

Designers comment: Mental injuries are the worst. The PTSD is the most common of the mental disorders you can get during battles. It can make you unable to think or sleep. It needs some time to recover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
PTSD (Post Traumatic Syndrom Disorder)

Game symbols: @drawone@=0

Explanation: While this card is in your hand, you cannot draw any hero card. Discard this card when you takea Rest action (but don't draw any card).

This really awesome and would fit very well in the game. I really this gets votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Panic Attack

Game symbols: 1 @Action point@ Only playable at the start of your turn.

Flavor: Heart races, limbs feel stiff, and you're sure that this is the end.

Explanation: Not 1 extra AP, no no no no no... Nope! You will only have 1 AP this turn.

Designer's comment: A bit of an oddball suggestion considering the current current set of wounds, but the harsh fact is that even if you would still be in one piece, the horrible stuff still leaves its marks. Archange's PTSD is also brilliant! So thumbs up for crumbling under the pressure! Panic Attack as a wound card would most likely be something that lingers in your hand for a good while taking space, but occasionally, it might be a time to get rid of this and just swallow the moment of choking and doing the first thing that is next on the action wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ah,

One small detail. We will print the designers name to the card, should you (hopefully) vote something is better than my example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
Denmark
LISELEJE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fractured tailbone

Game symbols: @Movement@ -2

Flavor:

Option A: Yeah, that's right.. Go ahead and laugh about it!
Option B: It's a real pain in the ass!

Explanation: Not much to it really, but I know that if this came up during a session, it would be a session to remember

Designers comment: Because.. FUNNY(well to me at least).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Internal bleeding

Game symbols: None

Flavor: How can such a tiny scratch cause such a pain?

Explanation: This wound card cannot be played. Only healed.

Designer's comment: The purpose of it is to be hard to get rid of. You're losing a valuable position in your hand of cards, but it's up to you to keep going with an internal bleeding all way long...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruymán
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Open wound

Game symbols: @All@ @-4@

Flavor: It stinks of death

Explanation: Lose 1 HP at the end of the Hero Phase if this card is still in your hand.

Designer's comment: Nasty, isn't it? That -4 will almost certainly screw your action but you don't want to have it in your hand for too long...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parasite

Game symbols: @All@ @-2@

Flavor: Misery loves company

Explanation: Lose 1 HP at the end of the Hero Phase if this card is in your hand. If you are adjacent to another Hero when suffering this HP loss, you must give this wound card to the adjacent Hero of your choice.

Designer's comment: Introduces a nasty "hot potato" that moves from player to player spreading the suffering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lilbandit74 wrote:
Parasite

Game symbols: @All@ @-2@

Flavor: Misery loves company

Explanation: Lose 1 HP at the end of the Hero Phase if this card is in your hand. If you are adjacent to another Hero when suffering this HP loss, you must give this wound card to the adjacent Hero of your choice.

Designer's comment: Introduces a nasty "hot potato" that moves from player to player spreading the suffering

LOL. This is very good also, made me really laugh. Likely wouldn't cause the same reaction during the game, thou...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stockholm Syndrome

Game symbols: @Reaction@

Flavor: Perhaps the cultists are just misunderstood.

Explanation: Play this wound during the Enemy Phase; an enemy in Range 2 heals 1 damage. (Can only be played on damaged enemies.)

Designer's comment: Instead of bad for you, this is good for the enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Stockholm Syndrome

Game symbols: @Reaction@

Flavor: Perhaps the cultists are just misunderstood.

Explanation: Play this wound during the Enemy Phase; an enemy in Range 2 heals 1 damage. (Can only be played on damaged enemies.)

Designer's comment: Instead of bad for you, this is good for the enemies.

Amazing, you keep on beating our wound card constantly. It's going to be a hard pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So many good options!
But right now I'd cast my vote on the Stockholm Syndrome. (Nope not being biased towards Sweden.) I just like the flavor, and I'd rather have cultists heal a wound than me getting one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
So many good options!
But right now I'd cast my vote on the Stockholm Syndrome. (Nope not being biased towards Sweden.) I just like the flavor, and I'd rather have cultists heal a wound than me getting one.

I would just suggest the name be changed because "Stockholm Syndrome" is a modern psychological phenomenon and not something medieval people would know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
So many good options!

Don't forget to vote with your thumbs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also wouldn't know the term PTSD.

Also, the S is Stress, rather than Syndrome. However, I would change the entire name to something from the period, such as Bad Humors, or maybe Demon Dreams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Joseph (Jam) Ibanez III
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urges

Game symbols: @none@

Flavor: "This could be our last adventure...and you look so sexy with that big sword of yours."

Explanation: Play this wound at the beginning of the Hero phase if you are adjacent to another character. You both lose your turn. During the Enemy Phase, the enemy peg moves an extra one space (+1). At the beginning of the next turn, both characters gain +1 AP each.

Designer's comment: A play on the "This could be our last night on earth" card from the Last Night on Earth game. The two heroes become unavailable for one turn, which necessarily makes it harder for the rest of the heroes. The enemy likewise takes advantage of the situation. At the end of the turn, however, the two heroes jump back into the fight...reinvigorated.

Was toying around the idea that the aftereffect would be that the player that plays the card gains +2 AP (or takes 1 AP from the player he was adjacent to), but just went with +1 AP to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |