Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey McKinnon
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've played this twice now. Once with just me controlling two players, to learn the rules, and once with my wife, again two players. Both times, the game destroyed us pretty handily. I can't remember which decks we used; I think I just pulled some at random, although I did make sure to use a ship that was a nemesis of the planets.

Is there a good combination, for two players, that is maybe a slightly easier introduction to the game? I don't expect to win every time, but I would like something where we might have a better chance of not getting completely destroyed .

I do want to say that both my wife and I enjoyed playing it, and look forward to trying again.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Oplinger
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear you enjoyed yourselves and want to give it another go!

Here a combo that might prove a little better for you while you're getting used to it. Try - Perils of the Void with Red Giant, against SS Transformation and HMS Providence…

Another good combo might be Exodus with Leviathan against Transformation/Providence…

The easiest way to toggle the difficulty is still going to come down to the goal-based difficulty. Maybe play a few on tutorial as you get to know the ships and planets. Leviathan and Anomaly Six are some of my favorite planets to get to know…

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilly Gailon
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
We played a game last night with Interpol Vengeance, SS Transformation, and Gadget against Kurmaraja and Perils of the Void and won pretty easily. In fact it would have gone even quicker if we remembered ahead of time that Interpol Vengeance could only land on empty spaces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.