Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Rawr!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game about a decade ago that involves a dealer laying down cards that mostly have two or three letters on them like 'ed' or 'ing' and some with just one letter. As soon as a player sees a word that can be made out of the pile, they slam their hand down and then claim those cards to score (assuming they were correct).

I had it in my head for all these years that the game was called Bananagrams, but apparently that's a totally separate game so now I'm totally mystified and hoping someone on here knows what I'm describing and can point me to the actual game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strangely, I've actually played what sounds like the same game with a copy of Bananagrams. Flip up the tiles one by one, and when you could make a word with those tiles, or could add letters to someone's pre-existing word, you slammed the table and could claim those words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Word! by some unknown designer named Reiner Knizia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Rawr!
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
My Word! by some unknown designer named Reiner Knizia.

Yes! Except those cards aren't laid out at all like the game I remember. I must have either played a different edition or my memory is faulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
HALP! should be the title of a spelling game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.