Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoying the game, though getting beaten by a goblin... twice!
Ok, to the matter:

The bright wizard's burning sight: the success/es claimed CANNOT be used on that activation, but on future ones, right? Also, I can place the tokens on any of the wizard cards, correct?

The same with items such as "shrine": you may exhaust 1 action to recover 1 wound and claim 1 success.

When cards refer to activations, I take it it's essentially the precise moment when you choose and declare your action card on your turn, right? Or is it the whole process of choosing a card and resolving it? So how does "ritual candles" work? You may discard this card after a hero's activation to add 1 progress token to the location.

Following the first interpretation: the item couldn't be used on the same activation it is drawn, whereas as per the second interpretation, it could, so potentially clearing the location and getting rid of enemies in the shadows, or even winning the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wizard's burning sight tokens can't be used to boost his exploration because you have to spend tokens before you roll, but he doesn't get the tokens until after he rolls.

Any time you get tokens, you can choose where to put them.

After a hero's activation means that hero has completed resolving every effect on his action card. So, if you pick up Ritual Candles during an explore action, you can still use it that turn because you haven't finished activating when it was drawn (but you are just about to)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not completely sure, as I read the manual, page 4, under 'Hero activation':

"When a hero activates, he performs an action".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higdon
United States
madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cameron's answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
Still not completely sure, as I read the manual, page 4, under 'Hero activation':

"When a hero activates, he performs an action".

Is this in L2P or RRG? If it's L2P, it's a casual explanation of the rules to get you playing quickly. Do not confuse it for precise timing explanations, that's what the RRG is for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.