Adam Hoffmann
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
So with Christmas coming up my son randomly mentioned that "Muskets and Tomahawks" was his favorite game ever. Stupid Williamsburg Muster! Anyways, I need some advice on going from zero historical miniatures to a playable amount. Does the rule book purchased online contain the action cards? Is there a "big box set" I might find somewhere? If push comes to shove I can hold him off until the next muster I suppose...

Adam (and Connor)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hart
United States
DPO
AP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting a bunch of French and British will be easy. The hard part for me was finding quality colonials, irregulars and natives. Although Old Glory, Conquest and Black Powder all have decent sets, I am a huge fan of Galloping Major minis. For some reason they really look and feel better than the other types. Lastly, M+T is terrain intensive. You need a good amount of terrain density in my opinion. If you march your guys across open ground they will get mowed down faster than other systems it seems. The rules are meant to emphasize the change of tactics from open European warfare to the irregular warfare developed as a hybrid of native and European tactics during the FIW and Revolutionary periods. Fantastic rule set. Easy to play and lots of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.