Subject: Few general questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Happily got my wave 2 stuff. Brings the total to two of everything except Home One and Imperial Class SD since they are the center pieces.

1. What have people used to store all of it nicely? I fit it all in the original box but its kinda crammed

2. Do people glue the stand of the fighters into the circular dial? And the one peg into the other? Mine seem loose and fall apart a lot.

3. Fastest way to paint rebel fighters? I got the imps painted, that was easy but rebels seem hard and I rather not have them take forever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 -- You can take the insert out of the original box and have all kinds of room. I use little foam squares to keep them stable.

#2 -- I wouldn't glue them, because the dial has an ace on the other side. The post that fits into the base is a D-ring, so it only goes in one way. If you wear that off and make it round that might it loose.

#3 -- no help on painting. I haven't done mine yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
2. Do people glue the stand of the fighters into the circular dial? And the one peg into the other? Mine seem loose and fall apart a lot.

What you can do is apply a little bit of super glue to all the male posts, and allow it to dry. This should help them from being too loose. I did this on a few stands for X-Wing and it worked great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, if you're talking about gluing the upper plastic, upon which the fighters are mounted, to the other plastic, that's probably ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Quote:
1. What have people used to store all of it nicely? I fit it all in the original box but its kinda crammed

Not sure, I'm probably going to look for a sword bag or something similar for my stuff.

Quote:

I actually superglued everything for my squadrons. I put a tiny dab on every fighter before putting them into the trees/candelabras. Then I did the same for the pylons/columns. To make sure I didn't use much, I actually stuck the tab of each male end in the barrel of the superglue tube. That kept it from beading up (I'm a putz with superglue otherwise). For the base, I assembled the entire stand and then turned them upside down to drop just a tiny amount directly where the tab sticks out the bottom.

For someone who bought only one squadron pack for each side, I wouldn't recommend this. I bought two each. I can't ever imagine running 4 copies of a squadron without running the unique of that squadron as well. So I felt okay for that. Since gluing them, they haven't given me any trouble.

I will not be gluing the bases of my Heroes and Villains pack until I pick up a second or third copy.

Quote:
3. Fastest way to paint rebel fighters? I got the imps painted, that was easy but rebels seem hard and I rather not have them take forever

No idea. I plan on coming up with goofy paint jobs for some squadrons but haven't yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bird94us wrote:
To clarify, if you're talking about gluing the upper plastic, upon which the fighters are mounted, to the other plastic, that's probably ok.

If that's to me, what I mean is: putting a tiny bit of super glue on any posts that are loose, then allowing them to dry. Thus, adding a bit of thickness to the posts to alleviate the looseness, while still allowing them to be taken apart if desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
bird94us wrote:

If that's to me, what I mean is: putting a tiny bit of super glue on any posts that are loose, then allowing them to dry. Thus, adding a bit of thickness to the posts to alleviate the looseness, while still allowing them to be taken apart if desired.

Nope, to the OP. I got what you were saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For "painting" the squads, I recommend ultra fine tipped sharpies. A few little details make them stand out brilliantly. The A-Wings look the best, but are probably also the easiest to paint. B-Wings would probably look better just brushing some diluted paint in and letting the paint settle into the low spots (I am clearly not a painter). X Wings look great just filling in the cockpit, coloring the droid, and popping a few colored lines on the wings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Snyder
United States
Cockeysville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I applied a diluted black wash over every fighter of both sides, and used a fine tipped brush to add squadron colors where appropriate, PLUS engine colors to the backs of the fighters on both sides. Easy peasy, and while they aren't professional quality they look great on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nietzel
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painting for Rebels:

* I sprayed all the ships in a light gray, though it wasn't as light as I wanted.
* I then highlighted them with a light grey paint to get the color I wanted
* Extra fine tip sharpie was brilliant, and I used that
* I may put a light dark wash on them, but they look pretty solid as is.

As above, I did engine colors too, just using a paint brush. Very easy to just dot the engines with paint. Did blue for Rebels and Orange for Imperials, per the X-wing models I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.