Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a 4-player game with Janice Rand and man, she seems strong! Being able to switch values with a wide selection of dice gives her tremendous flexibility. Sure, they have to be different colors, but she's still able to use her power on most turns. In our game, she was easily our most effective character; the only reason she didn't accomplish more was that she was placing so many dice each turn that there wasn't always enough dice in the pool for her to fully replenish. So for those who have played with her, do you think she might be the most powerful of the 16 characters in the game? Right now, I'd vote yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Bailey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Quite so.

After playing a game with Rand, she saved a game that was going downhill fast. Granted, the player was using her ability wrong for a few turns (exchanging the dice, not just the numbers), but it still made it easy once we figured out to not take certain dice from the ship's dice pool.

Which gets me to thinking that Rand's ability should be restricted to dice in her card's Actions box and dice on Alert cards. It was also annoying when Rand's player yelled at me for grabbing just any dice from the dice pool. I didn't think that the dice in the pool mattered what number they had facing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.