Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The diagram on p.9 does not appear to match the one on p. 10. Assuming p.9 is right (I actually seem to recall that that's what was agreed upon after 1A sharing the draft for this particular optional rule with us), the turretless example does NOT appear to be correct. It seems to me that the following would apply rather than what is shown in the diagram:

* In order to target unit A the Stug would have to make a fire and move attack, as the vehicle is currently to the Stug's right flank (the booklet more or less says that).

* To fire at squad B, according to me, it would also have to make a fire and move attack, as it is currently NOT in the Stug's front arc (but in its flank arc instead, according to the diagram on p.9. No idea why it would still lose an additional 1 FP, after all, it would already be forced to use a fire and move action in order to target it.

* To fire at tank C, according to me, the same applies to squad B, I really do not see it to be in the Stug's REAR arc, when I cross reference it to the diagram on page 9...(if the Sherman is indeed positioned as shown it would target the Sherman's REAR ARMOR, but that's an entirely different story...).

* To fire at tank D, it can indeed use its full firepower, as its in the Stug's front atc. Apperently it even gets to add 1 to its firepower then.No idea why, as its not targeting the Sherman's rear and, according to p.9, a unit does not get to add firepower, but the target's armor is reduced instead when its rear is targeted, which again, IMHO, in this case, it is not.

I'd appreciate feedback from others. This is not my strong suit, vehicle facing rules, that is, but I can't see it any other way than described above.

It's also a real shame 1A didn't make sure all the scenarios were correct. For instance, there is one where the victory conditions speak of controlling 6 victory objectives and there are only 5 on the map. In the first contact Russia one, I don't see a victory objective marker on the map in the first place. And that;s just two very obvious ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
answered over in the TOI section

bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.