Hide
2 Posts

Space Hulk» Forums » Variants

Subject: White Dwarf Missions Without Using Genestealer Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Devey
msg tools
I don't have the Genestealer expansion, and I don't currently plan to get it. One of the things I like about Space Hulk is the simplicity of the rules, and I don't want to introduce the extra complexity.

Having said that, I do have most of the White Dwarf extra missions, and I want to play as many of them as possible (eventually). Some of the White Dwarf missions and campaigns (like Genestealer Invasion and Necromunda) use the Genestealer rules.

So the question is this - would it be reasonable to play these scenarios using 1st Edition plus Deathwing rules, the original blip set, and "normal" squads of terminators? Would you have to change much to make them playable?

I understand that I would have to change the maps a bit, as I only have a certain number of wide corridors, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC you can easely play them without the Genestealer rules. I know that I have played all scenarios without the hybrids and without the psychic rules from Genestealer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.