Entropy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Persuasive clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
András Albel
Hungary
Szolnok
flag msg tools
Card says "Take the Anchor. For the duration of the round, whenever the Anchor is returned to the Nexus you may take it instead."

The second part is ok, it changes the returning behavior of the Anchor after usage.
But, does "Take the Anchor." mean you can also take it from another player when Persuasive is resolved (like Phase Shift), or you can only take it from the Nexus?
I assume the latter, otherwise it would be OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it as Phase Shift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pretty sure it's the same as Persuasive. Since Persuasive resolves after it, there's no guarantee you'll actually keep the anchor through the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
András Albel
Hungary
Szolnok
flag msg tools
I see, but still think it's a huge difference if it can take the Anchor from someone who obtained it in an earlier turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card should be followed as it is written. So Brendan and Raithyn is correct.

You take the Anchor when the card resolves. Then for the duration of the round, the Anchor defaults to you when it returns to the Nexus.

With regards to Persuasive being over powered, Raithyn's point is important since there is no guarantee that you'd get to keep the Anchor.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
András Albel
Hungary
Szolnok
flag msg tools
Great, thanks! I think I overthought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.