Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I want to Sneak Attack an Ally in, (to Attack specifically during the Combat phase), when is the correct precise window for doing this ?

I'm assuming it's after: 'Declare Enemy to attack' ? (Step 1)

thanks,

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Doesn't matter for the combat phase - it's all one phase so the ally can't really be cast prematurely and leave before you get use out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The combat phase has action windows through-out the whole process of attacking as shown here:

This is from http://lotr-lcg-quest-companion.com/roundsequence.html

so you can sneak in an ally during combat to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the combat phase, you can perform actions immediately after deal the shadow cards to each enemy, so, if you have decided previously that would play Sneak Attack, I think it is best to do this as soon as possible, because if you need to handle with some nasty shadow effects, you can use the ally (even changing you strategy) to help with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
danilopatro wrote:
During the combat phase, you can perform actions immediately after deal the shadow cards to each enemy, so, if you have decided previously that would play Sneak Attack, I think it is best to do this as soon as possible, because if you need to handle with some nasty shadow effects, you can use the ally (even changing you strategy) to help with it.

This. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danilopatro wrote:

The problem with this though is the fact that shadow cards are only revealed after defenders have been declared and unless you use something like Silver Lamp (which deals a shadow card to the target enemy face up), sneak attack with ally at this point or prior to this point doesn't make much difference since you would have already chosen your defender. Just saying.

If you are saving your heroes for the counter-attack and needs someone to block on the fly, then you need to sneak attack whatever ally you intend to before declaring defender. If defending isn't an issue, then the timing isn't that critical during the combat phase.

My 2 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an action window between each shadow card dealt (if dealing a series such as if there were 4 engaged enemies)? I tried looking up and was still not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Pretty sure they're all dealt at once.
Why would you need one, scry the deck with Lore shenanigans? No go, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah shadow cards are dealt all at once, no interruption in between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.