Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: canada [+] convention [+] [View All]
Robert Vollman
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you live near Calgary, come join the 20-30 of us for our 7th straight annual wargaming week-end. Here is the email as sent out by the Prez. Email me if you want a copy of the schedule or hand-out (Word format).

Quote:
StratCon will be held at the Military Museums, (formerly Museum of the Regiments) on Feb 24th and 25th, 2007.

Address: 4520 Crowchild Trail S.W. (just east of Crowchild Trail S.W. and off Flanders Avenue overpass)

It will run 10 am to 11 pm on Sat Feb 24th and 10 am to 4pm on Sun Feb 25th.

Admission will be $10 for the weekend.

See the attached flyer for more details.

Games that will be run include:

Napoleonic Wars
Sword of Rome
Europe Engulfed
Monty's Gamble
Crusader Rex
Hammer of the Scots
Memoir 44
Diplomacy
Command And Colors: Ancients

We also plan to run some of the new games (just out, or out before Feb)

There will also be open gaming for other games such as Axis and Allies and Diplomacy

This email is going to everyone on the StratCon list, presumably everyone
who has attended previous StratCon's.

If anyone appears to be missed, please forward this to them.

Hope to see you there.

Norm Zinkhan

for the StratCon Executive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I missed this the last couple of years, how knowledgeable do you have to be?

I own EE and HotS but have not played them yet. So I would like to try them out.

Norm runs SoR and TNW at FallCon, correct?

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Vollman
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stratagem is generally non-competitive, and mostly about learning games. However, there is still sufficient options for those that prefer playing competitively and/or with opponents who already know games well.

Europe Engulfed and Hammer of the Scots are both great games, you should definitely put them on the top of your list of games to play next, and StratCon might be just the place to get a first taste, and phone numbers for some opponents.

Norm is indeed one of the local long-time grognards who runs games such as Sword of Rome, Napoleonic Wars and History of the World at FallCon. In addition to StratCon, he has also runs SpringCon with Dave Blizzard.

When Norm is involved, you know you're getting an efficient, well-run event with all the promised games starting on time. Meanwhile you also have James, who has run more events than anyone in this city, and other well-known grognards like Neil and Rory who have been running several events a year for over 10 years ... well, you know that every game is going to be well-run.

Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Excellent!

My current plan is to see you there.

Can I just sign up at the door?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.