Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this topic has been talked about, but how are you counting your games?

For now I have counted my Sessions, instead of every single game. Like i might do for a card game, otherwise I would have played this game like 14 times instead of 3...

Am i doing it wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 game = 1 play

Play 5 games in a row, then it equals 5 games played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I count each board as a play. Scoring in games like this normally doesn't make much sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For this game and in general: I count each round as one play. Occasionally I will do some math to see how many different days I played a game on, which tells me more about how many times it actually came out to get played. But a game of Codenames is a game of Codenames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I corrected my plays. It was quiet obvious.
Would you also count one spy round of spyfall as one game? Although there is a scoring system?
Which I do not use.

Or Linko , where there is also a scoring system that links the games together, without a set number of rounds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others. Every 'hand' of Codenames is a game. We do the same for games like "Strike"; "Tumblin' Dice" (a game of 4 rounds is a game), etc.

Generally, what the rules say constitutes a game is what we consider a game, even if it only lasts a few minutes. If you play it 8 times in an evening, then you've played it 8 times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Tich
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
While I can understand and completely agree with the notion that there are often times multiple games of Codenames played in a single night, this is not how I choose to log these types of games.

For games like One Night (or as of today, Codenames!) I choose to log my plays as one per session. The reason I do so is it gives me a clearer representation of just how often I manage to get the game to the table. Depending on the group, each game night I'll suggest a few of my more popular games if nobody has any requests. By quickly looking at the guest list, and my play counts here on BGG, I can make a better informed decision as to which games to suggest.

There will also come a time where my wife will request a culling of the collection (I fear this day greatly) and I'll use my play counts as a sort of measuring stick in terms of which games should live to see another day.

But hey, this is just my way of thinking! If I'm 'doing it wrong', 'deal with it!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.