mb
Go_Petunias wrote:
The following are back on sale today.

Betrayal at House on The Hill
- $24.15

Colt Express - $21.35 (yay!)

Castle Panic - $17.67

Some of the Timeline games

The battle is over. It looks like Target has done a better job with coupons/red card/wishlist/price match/free shipping without limitation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

The battle is over. It looks like Target has done a better job with coupons/red card/wishlist/price match/free shipping without limitation...

Target may have won a battle, but they lost the war a long time ago.

Anyways if you live in Hawaii, Amazon always wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HopRodRye34 wrote:

Forget it, he's rolling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

Oh god, I hope you're not referring to that weird coupon thing where people reported spending an hour to two hours of their day contacting customer service or waiting on the phone. There comes a point where you have to take a step back and say "man, my time is worth more than saving money on a few board games".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

Oh god, I hope you're not referring to that weird coupon thing where people reported spending an hour to two hours of their day contacting customer service or waiting on the phone. There comes a point where you have to take a step back and say "man, my time is worth more than saving money on a few board games".

Spending an hour arguing with Target's CS will take days off your life. It is definitely not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
People that spend so much time to save a few $ may have a low reimbursement rate.

broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Thoughts wrote:
broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

Spending an hour arguing with Target's CS will take days off your life. It is definitely not worth it.

especially when you're basically abusing promotions in a way that no one ever combines and kinda browbeating cs reps to do it . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

I got 7 Wonders @22.40 with 15% off coupon yesterday.
I got Tokaido, Formula D and Seasons @$66 with buy 2 get 1 free and 25% coupon, 3 weeks ago
Nothing to do with price match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cutievalkyrie wrote:
broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

I got 7 Wonders @22.40 with 15% off coupon yesterday.
I got Tokaido, Formula D and Seasons @$66 with buy 2 get 1 free and 25% coupon, 3 weeks ago
Nothing to do with price match.

You are the one who said it first . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xmas not even here yet, we are sure to see more good deals coming, Amazon or not.

And why are people bickering?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More more more. The more the merrier! Thanks for the heads up!

Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Bad Thoughts wrote:
broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

especially when you're basically abusing promotions in a way that no one ever combines and kinda browbeating cs reps to do it . . .

For the record, and I don't think that this is what you are referring to specifically, Derry (I'm guessing there was some combo people didn't deserve)--but Target's website blew the pooper last night. We were trying to buy a bunch of stuff with their standard promotion - 15% off across the board, and if after that you spent $250 on baby stuff you get a $50 gift card back. My wife literally spent two hours hitting refresh because the website wouldn't bring up the "promo code" box because it was broken. At one point it spit up server code at her. She tried calling the Target customer support and their recorded message literally said that they had a higher than anticipated response to their 15% discount and therefore were not equipped to handle phone calls at that time.

Eventually, it went through (although earlier today we got a message that some of our items were cancelled, but fortunately they didn't use that to take us below the $250 threshold to get the gift card), but it was aggravating. I mean, all my wife was doing was sitting with a window open to her laptop hitting refresh periodically so it's not like it ruined her evening or anything, but it was still annoying.

That, and sometimes when you tried to add items to your cart you had to "wait in line" to get it added, and it literally ticked down the people in front of you until it was "your turn". Which is a really crazy concept for a web-store.

But you couldn't pay me enough money to go out to a store on Black Friday. No sir ree bob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah 15 percent off across the board seems like it would get some stuff that's not usually discounted!

I tend to not even bother looking at stores that are in my state since I assume sales tax kills it. But if I wanted ttr I'd be at target.com for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Lock
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh. Amazon gives free international shipping to my country for purchases above $125. Target is wayyy off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

That was only much later on. On the first day of the sale I placed two price matching orders effortlessly using online chat (while also reading and responding to emails) and it took all of ten minutes to acquire:

$22 (CSI $39.49) Panamax
$23 (CSI $38.49) Favor of the Pharaoh
$25 (CSI $39.49) Gold West
$18 (CSI $39.49) Dark Moon
$23 (CSI $39.49) Medina (2nd edition)
$20 (CSI $32.99) Super Motherload

So yes, well worth my time.

That said it's ridiculous for people to keep showing up in completely unrelated deal threads talking about how the Target sale was better when it absolutely was a YMMV situation for so many people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had caught Favor of the Pharaoh at $23. I never saw that come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go_Petunias wrote:
cutievalkyrie wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

- $24.15

Castle Panic - $17.67

Target may have won a battle, but they lost the war a long time ago.

Anyways if you live in Hawaii, Amazon always wins.

Cardhaus won this year. They actually shipped to Hawaii from the Black Friday sale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
haha awesome, good to know for next time. I didn't even bother checking because of the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Yes, I appreciate people hijacking my thread and making it a place they gloat about how amazing of a deal THEY pulled off and how every other deal out there, sucks and should not really be considered.

For those of us who couldn't get as good a deal as you or maybe missed out on something, this is not that shabby of a deal to consider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Go_Petunias wrote:
Yes, I appreciate people hijacking my thread and making it a place they gloat about how amazing of a deal THEY pulled off and how every other deal out there, sucks and should not really be considered.

For those of us who couldn't get as good a deal as you or maybe missed out on something, this is not that shabby of a deal to consider.

SHUT UP! I won Black Friday! Mike! Mike! Mike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Go_Petunias wrote:

SHUT UP! I won Black Friday! Mike! Mike! Mike!

MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colt Express is back alive. the $21 price isn't what comes up by default but it does appear under Other Sellers, fulfilled by Amazon with Prime shipping. I just nabbed one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Cool, I'll try to keep the Original Post updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.