Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently acquired a new copy of Tzolk'in (non-glossy board printing). I haven't attached the cogs to the board yet because I need a question answered first. If the cogs are attached using the fasteners, is it easy to remove from the fasteners? Would the fasteners be ruined by separating them after connected? If I get them painted, I would need to ship them to the painter and I'd rather not send the board as well.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If I get them painted, I would need to ship them to the painter and I'd rather not send the board as well.

I think you answered your own question right there. ;)

Why not try painting it yourself? It's not hard and you might find it very enjoyable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I did. If the cogs can be easily unfastened, then I can attach them and play the game until I'm ready to paint. If they can't easily be unfastened, I will leave them that wait until I decide to not paint them or until the painted ones are returned to me... playing the game online in the mean time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Ackerman
United States
Palm Beach
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are reasonably easy to remove (use a butter knife). But don;t put the stickers on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cogs can be unfastened somewhat easily, but I'm not sure I'd want to do that.

You can basically use a knife or some other thin tool to sort of pry them up, but you might end up damaging them (depending on how careful you are).

As to whether they will be as snug the second, third, fourth time you put them together, I have no idea.

The game is entirely playable without fastening the connectors, by just using the bottom half to hold the wheels in place on the board (they're just not locked down to it). I played the game this way a few times, before painting the wheels and securing them permanently in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
macgruff wrote:
The cogs can be unfastened somewhat easily, but I'm not sure I'd want to do that.

You can basically use a knife or some other thin tool to sort of pry them up, but you might end up damaging them (depending on how careful you are).

As to whether they will be as snug the second, third, fourth time you put them together, I have no idea.

The game is entirely playable without fastening the connectors, by just using the bottom half to hold the wheels in place on the board (they're just not locked down to it). I played the game this way a few times, before painting the wheels and securing them permanently in place.

I played that way and I'm keeping mine that way as I'm painting myself.

I could still play the game (carefully) but we've been focused on other games.

My biggest question now is "stickers or buy a fancy center".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.