Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a calvery unit persue more than once in a single battle... in other word... calvery attacks, unit retreats - calvery persues and attacks the same or a different unit - it retreats... can the unit then persue and attack again? We are in middle of a game so quick response appreciated lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. On attack Cavalry, gets to:

Attack
Gain Ground; if target is killed or retreat
Pursuit; if Gain Ground
Bonus Attack; if Pursuit

That's all folks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the target for the first attack and the bonus attack do not have to be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - my friend was trying to tear around behind my lines and it seemed a extreem...that is the way I read it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jearles wrote:
No. On attack Cavalry, gets to:

Attack
Pursuit; if Gain Ground
Bonus Attack; if Pursuit

Well, with the note that the Pursuit step is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Muffins
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
This is my first post.

I am the guy who beat yaboo 2 games tonight, and I want to clarify, If I attack with a cav unit and the defending unit retreats or is killed I can (ir I choose, not mandatory) move into the vaccated hex and continue 1 more hex (if I want, or stay in the vaccated hex) and attack again (any target in range). If THAT attack causes another hex to become vaccated, I can THEN "gain ground" by moving into the newly vaccated the hex?
But not one hex beyond and I can't attack again, right?

We just played that after the inital attack, you can gain ground into the vaccated hex, advance 1 hex beyond, conduct another meelee attack, but then it is over. Even if the new target yeilds the hex, I had to stay in the hex I attacked from, not gain ground.

I might have beaten him by more than 1 point if I could take the extra move

Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct, Stinkymuffins, you do get to to gain ground a second time (if you kill the unit or it retreats on the bonus attack). But you do not get a second pursuit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Muffins
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks. I will have to tell Yaboo!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinkymuffins wrote:
This is my first post.

I am the guy who beat yaboo 2 games tonight, and I want to clarify, If I attack with a cav unit and the defending unit retreats or is killed I can (ir I choose, not mandatory) move into the vaccated hex and continue 1 more hex (if I want, or stay in the vaccated hex) and attack again (any target in range). If THAT attack causes another hex to become vaccated, I can THEN "gain ground" by moving into the newly vaccated the hex?
But not one hex beyond and I can't attack again, right?

We just played that after the inital attack, you can gain ground into the vaccated hex, advance 1 hex beyond, conduct another meelee attack, but then it is over. Even if the new target yeilds the hex, I had to stay in the hex I attacked from, not gain ground.

I might have beaten him by more than 1 point if I could take the extra move

Thanks all.

OK - noted - but you were also trying to make a another attack after the "I can THEN "gain ground" by moving into the newly vaccated the hex" and so on... I concur on taking that final ground but the question was more about another attack... I really don't think it would have made a difference in flag count... in any case welcome Stinky - great addition to boardgamegeek - I will get you back for sure.

They were FUN games and very close... look forward to the rematch(s)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Muffins
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I wish I could just keep attacking, but it is nice that I get at least that 1 extra movment.

Yes, Yaboo, you wil get me back, thanks for 2 great games tonight my friend.

Thanks to all you gamers for helping to clarify the rules for us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinkymuffins wrote:
Yes, I wish I could just keep attacking, but it is nice that I get at least that 1 extra movment.

Yes, Yaboo, you wil get me back, thanks for 2 great games tonight my friend.

Thanks to all you gamers for helping to clarify the rules for us!

and... Twilight Struggle... and... Crusader Rex... and... Nexus Ops... and and and and and... not enough time... not enough time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.