Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a solo game and have some questions about the rules. I have the German 2ed with the translated files.

1. The rules say when you cash in a trade route, you leave the trading arrows on the side. What happens when you run out of arrows in the bag? Do you replenish them from the ones on the side?

2. You have to cash in after having an encounter, but do you do it before or after the Cards and Dice phase? I ask because if you can do it after, then you might be able to lose a status that would prevent you from gaining wealth levels...

3. This one has a spoiler about the encounter with the Strange Customs and you choose to honor them:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
You automatically get married and lose the status in paragraph 1005. Paragraph 1004 gives you the choice of getting married and if you do you go to 1005. Is this a mistake in the Encounter sheet? I mean, shouldn't it read 1004 to give you the choice of getting married first?

Thanks!

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have never played the Merchant version, so I cannot answer Q1 and Q2.

But Q3 is pretty obvious. The reason why you do not go to that paragraph is because you do NOT get the choice! As you wrote yourself "You automatically get..." - this means that it happends to you whether you want it or not. Thus you go straight to the consequences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I thought it may be an errata... it seems strange not to be able to choose....

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
That's why I thought it may be an errata... it seems strange not to be able to choose....

But you *did* choose - with your action of 'honoring the Strange Customs'. In certain societies you will be forced to marry a girl if you get her pregnant - in others all it takes is a kiss or maybe a word.

Sorry mate, but you have to endure the inevitable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I took a quick look in the german rules regarding Q1 and Q2.

Q1:
The routes in the bag are replenished by putting all routes back in the bag that were laid aside.
If no routes were cashed in and laid aside *and* the bag is empty somebody must cash in some routes before new routes can be placed.
(in very rare cases this may result in a deadlock as far as I can see - but only if no cities are part of the laid routes).

Q2:
The cards and dice phase is the last phase in your turn - so you have to cash in routes first.

I did not look it up in the english rules. If this answer does not help you I - let me know and I will check the english translation too.

Best Regards
Heinrich (Glumpler)

www.erlkoenig.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
maka wrote:

But you *did* choose - with your action of 'honoring the Strange Customs'. In certain societies you will be forced to marry a girl if you get her pregnant - in others all it takes is a kiss or maybe a word.

Sorry mate, but you have to endure the inevitable!

In a way it's logical, but the "strange custom" you have to honor actually comes right after being married... I won't say more so I don't spoil it Just note that you're actually given a choice to really honor it in the end . That's a bit strange...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nosferrari wrote:
Hi,

I took a quick look in the german rules regarding Q1 and Q2.

Q1:
The routes in the bag are replenished by putting all routes back in the bag that were laid aside.
If no routes were cashed in and laid aside *and* the bag is empty somebody must cash in some routes before new routes can be placed.
(in very rare cases this may result in a deadlock as far as I can see - but only if no cities are part of the laid routes).

Q2:
The cards and dice phase is the last phase in your turn - so you have to cash in routes first.

I did not look it up in the english rules. If this answer does not help you I - let me know and I will check the english translation too.

Best Regards
Heinrich (Glumpler)

www.erlkoenig.net

Thanks. I think that clears it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.