Hide
5 Posts

Waste Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wasteland Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Smith
msg tools
Just looking for a bit of clarification on the wasteland deck. Lets say a knight is moving 4 spaces (no skull modifiers). The waster draws the cards and interrupts the movement on space 2. The Knight succeeds and carries on moving. At this point does the waster continue to draw more cards and therefor interrupt again or is the system limited to one encounter per journey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as i can tell, a knight only suffers one encounter during his move regardless how far you move or how many encounter cards you draw.

it might be good to wait until you draw a more dangerous encounter or you might want to interrupt his move as early as possible to force him to stop far from his intended target.

in your example, you would only draw a single encounter which would be the one you play on the knight at any time during his move, but even if he encountered more skull symbols on his road, he would still only encounter a single encounter, to be chosen from the drawn encounter cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
as far as i can tell, a knight only suffers one encounter during his move regardless how far you move.

it might be good to wait until you draw a more dangerous encounter or you might want to interrupt his move as early as possible to force him to stop far from his intended target.

I agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Smith
msg tools
Thanks, that makes more sense. I think a misreading of the rules led to way too many encounters coming out in our first play through. It got to the point where every space of movement became an encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Mydel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said above, you only resolve 1 encounter per move step per knight. It's up to the Waster when and which card he plays but once played he no longer draws any more cards. So it's either "I will let the knight move further but will play a more dangerous card" or "I will play ASAP hoping to stop the knight but maybe there is something more dangerous in the deck?".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.