Hide
4 Posts

1775: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Length of time, and physical size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
Is 1-2 hrs accurate, and how big is the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've finished games in 30 minutes before due to coincidental card draws. won't ever go over 2 hours unless you make it do so from AP etc.

Big? It's kinda normal sized big box game. As much table spaces as TTR or similar. Box is about a 1/3 longer but 1/4 narrower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Very rarely will a game go over 1 1/2 hours. The game will be shorter with 2 players than with 4. But by how much, depends on the players.

For the physical size, I suggest browsing the image library for a good idea of how much space the game takes up on an average DR table (I'm also including a picture of mine, below). If space is really tight, I also suggest keeping the cubes in sauce cups (the plastic kind made by Dimond, found in just about any grocery store and Walmart). The lids for the cups also make storage and setup a snap.

Here's a picture I took last year of a game setup on a dining room table covered with black fabric. Note the sauce cups. Also, both of us sat on the same side of the table, which actually required more space, due to the way we had to slant our card holders. If the two players were to sit on opposite sides of the table, the card holders would not need to be slanted, which would save room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
Is 1-2 hrs accurate, and how big is the game?

Box size in inches: 13 3/4 long, 9 7/8 wide, 2 3/4 high.

I'd say 2 hours max. Can be played in less than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.