Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: how many weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if i have three weapon cards in my hand.

1 is a two handed weapon

2 is a one handed

3 is a one handed

How many weapons are you allowed to use against a bane?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is 1 card of each type by each character per check. So on each combat check you may play 1 weapon.

Of course, some cards let you break this rule. A Dagger for instance specifically has a power that you may play it if you played another weapon on your combat check. But, barring something like that, it is 1 card of each type per check.

RotR Rulebook p10 wrote:
During each of these steps, you and the other players may perform only the specified actions. Players may only play cards or activate powers that relate to each step. Each player may play no more than 1 card of each type during each step; for example, no one player may play more than 1 blessing while attempting a check, though multiple players could each play 1 blessing during that check. Each player may activate any power no more than once during each step. Players may not play any cards or activate any powers between these steps.

RotR Rulebook p11 wrote:
Attempting a check requires several actions that are explained below. Remember that each player may not play more than 1 card of each type or activate any 1 power more than once during each check.

The reason some weapons are 2-Handed is other cards you could play will care about that. Many of the armors (Shields) for instance say you can not play them if you played a 2-Handed weapon on the check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
If your are four-handed and ambidextrous: All of them. devil

If not: Only one in general, some weapons can be wielded in the off-hand. See the card text for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
four-handed and ambidextrous

I think if you were four-handed, the term would be "polydextrous."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my thinking was that a player who had a proficient in weapons could use two weapons at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
my thinking was that a player who had a proficient in weapons could use two weapons at a time.

Thematically, sure.

But from the actual implementation of the card game rules; no, except for the special exceptions like Hawkmoon mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
shallowz wrote:

Thematically, sure.

Not really agreeing here. The effect of proficiency in the card game is the same as in the RPG. There are weapons for which you get a penalty if you try to use them and you aren't proficient with them. There is no link between proficiency, and the ability to fight with 2 weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
four-handed and ambidextrous

I think if you were four-handed, the term would be "polydextrous."

actually the term would be "cheating"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.