Hide
6 Posts

Shakespeare» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiative Track reminder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Eckhart
msg tools
Every time we play, we keep forgetting to set the initiative track when an actor is activated (actorvated?). We always try to remember who activated first when we get to tie breaking in the bidding of the next day.

Anybody got a good way to remember during the Activation phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We appoint 1 person (me) who keeps track of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:

What if he/she forgets about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:

What if he/she forgets about it?

I don't.

Then next time you pick somebody else. I find it fairly easy to keep track of this, to be honest. Its relevance is also pretty obvious, which helps.

Another way of tackling the problem could be that the first one to remember that nobody has claimed top spot on the initiative track, gets it. That'll keep everybody focused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
mbmbmbmbmb
After turn order is set we place the discs wich indicates the initiative in the middle of our stages. usually no wooden and circular components go there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catherine Wiener
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Along with assigning one specific person to pay attention to this like others have said (usually me) we actually place the two-sided extra card with the actor side up and place it right next to the board near that track. At the beginning of the round we take the player markers and slide them off the board right onto the card keeping them in order. Then whenever an actor is activated we move that player's marker back to the board to the top of the track and for anyone that doesn't activate actors the markers are still in order on the card and then can be moved back onto the board in proper order. That's what works for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.