David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy folks.

Well our game group's fourth season of formula de came to a close a while back. We're in the process of starting seasnon 5. We raced 28 tracks and split them into "cups" depending on their location. We had 10 races on tracks in the US, 12 tracks in Europe and and 6 international tracks. We ran three lap races and designed our own cars. We did not play with weather in season 4 but we will be playing with weather in season 5. Four racers played in season four, each running 1 car each. In season 2 and 3 we all ran two cars each. But we found that it took too long to play so we cut back down to one.

We award 4 points for the racer that comes in 1st place, 3 or 2nd, 2 for 3rd and 1 for fourth. In addtion we grant one point for each lap a racer leads (meaning each lap they cross the start/finish line in first place). We don't award a point for the final lap. So the most a player can score is 6 points per race (4 points for first place plus 2 should that player lead both of the first two laps). Also, instead of running a qualifying lap we just do "high roll" to determine starting order. Takes less time.

In season 4, Mark won (again - he also won season 2 and 3), Jim came in second, Dave (me) came in third and Curtis finished in 4th. We not only track points over all, but we also track points per "cup" - so we track points for all the US tracks, all European tracks and all international tracks. In addition to an overall champ we also crown champs for each "cup". We play all 10 US tracks, then all 12 European tracks and then all 6 International tracks. Not only that but we keep track of ware points. The person who finishes with the least ware points is the "best driver". Again we track it overall and by "cup". If you crash during a race your ware points don't count toward your average.

When you total up all the data for each track we ran this is what we found. Note that in season 4 we ran 3 lap races while in seasons 1 through 3 we only ran 2 lap races.

Average Ware Points Per Racer/Track Season 4: 14.12
Average Ware Points Per Racer/Lap Season 4: 4.71

Average Ware Points Per Racer/Track Season 1-3: 10.58
Average Ware Points Per Racer/Lap Season 1-3: 5.29

Interestingly we actually used more ware points per lap in a two lap race than a three lap race. I of course will be interested to note how ware points vary depending on weather conditions in season 5. We ran our first race in Wisconsin this week. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

I have a variety of statistics on all 28 tracks we've run over 4 complete seasons. From track length, to number of turns, number of crashes, how long the straights are, etc. If anyone is interested I'm happy to share them with you. You just need to have excel.

Until next time....

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.