Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
49 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Hang on, I don't qualify for the hardback book because of what?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I sent an email asking why, after spending $200, I didn't receive a HB companion nor any follow up email. My invoice is clearly over $200. Today I got a reply:

"Apologies for the delay in replying. I have looked into this for you, and I can see there is some confusion regarding the Adventurers Companion. Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165, so unfortunately you do not qualify for the hardback book. Apologies for the confusion, I hope this doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the game.

If you have any other questions, please let me know."

What ... the... fudge?! I would have only got the HB if I'd spent $200 or more? I DID SPEND OVER $200!!! But not in this Kickstarter which had two tiers of prices? But because of the KS system of buying...

S*d it I don't give a damn for the explanation or reasoning. I added more to my KS to qualify for the HB which I thought would be a nice touch. I backed your damn product based on viewing alone - when I normally review review review, get feedback, look at session reports, oh and check more reviews. No I plunged in and gave you my money to get you off the ground. And I get treated like this?! Thanks a freaking bunch.

And before anyone says Woah over reaction (first to do it gets 0.25gg from me) - this is after all the misprints, missing stuff, under the carpet hope you wont notice resin remolds, damaged and bent and badly packed figures, Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As you say I will say "Woah Over Reaction..."

Now, did you actually spend over $200 in the KS (Pledge and Pledge Manager) to be in the $200+ club for the book?



FrankBradshaw wrote:
Recently I sent an email asking why, after spending $200, I didn't receive a HB companion nor any follow up email. My invoice is clearly over $200. Today I got a reply:

"Apologies for the delay in replying. I have looked into this for you, and I can see there is some confusion regarding the Adventurers Companion. Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165, so unfortunately you do not qualify for the hardback book. Apologies for the confusion, I hope this doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the game.

If you have any other questions, please let me know."

What ... the... fudge?! I would have only got the HB if I'd spent $200 or more? I DID SPEND OVER $200!!! But not in this Kickstarter which had two tiers of prices? But because of the KS system of buying...

S*d it I don't give a damn for the explanation or reasoning. I added more to my KS to qualify for the HB which I thought would be a nice touch. I backed your damn product based on viewing alone - when I normally review review review, get feedback, look at session reports, oh and check more reviews. No I plunged in and give you my money to get you off the ground. And I get treated like this?! Thanks a freaking bumch.

And before anyone says Woah over reaction (first to do it gets 0.25gg from me) - this is after all the misprints, missing stuff, under the carpet hope you wont notice resin remolds, damaged and bent and badly packed figures, Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
1.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Recently I sent an email asking why, after spending $200, I didn't receive a HB companion nor any follow up email. My invoice is clearly over $200. Today I got a reply:

"Apologies for the delay in replying. I have looked into this for you, and I can see there is some confusion regarding the Adventurers Companion. Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165, so unfortunately you do not qualify for the hardback book. Apologies for the confusion, I hope this doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the game.

If you have any other questions, please let me know."

What ... the... fudge?! I would have only got the HB if I'd spent $200 or more? I DID SPEND OVER $200!!! But not in this Kickstarter which had two tiers of prices? But because of the KS system of buying...

S*d it I don't give a damn for the explanation or reasoning. I added more to my KS to qualify for the HB which I thought would be a nice touch. I backed your damn product based on viewing alone - when I normally review review review, get feedback, look at session reports, oh and check more reviews. No I plunged in and give you my money to get you off the ground. And I get treated like this?! Thanks a freaking bunch.

And before anyone says Woah over reaction (first to do it gets 0.25gg from me) - this is after all the misprints, missing stuff, under the carpet hope you wont notice resin remolds, damaged and bent and badly packed figures, Thanks.


but ... it's terrible anyway. hardback just means it'll cause more damage when you realize how bad it is and throw it across the room in anger.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Are you sure that the shipping isn't included in the 200$ invoice? You needed to spent 200 on items without the shipping
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am totally confused as to how your invoice shows $200+ but you only spent $165. I swear to God I'm not making fun: I backed this game (kind of regretting it), and I literally can't picture how you did this. Sup?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wystan wrote:
As you say I will say "Woah Over Reaction..."

Now, did you actually spend over $200 in the KS (Pledge and Pledge Manager) to be in the $200+ club for the book?


I hit 1gg accidentally on my mobile.

Check my invoice http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2732975/frankbradshaw?size=la...

Ummm...when does $263 not equal $263?

 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
wystan wrote:
As you say I will say "Woah Over Reaction..."

Now, did you actually spend over $200 in the KS (Pledge and Pledge Manager) to be in the $200+ club for the book?


I hit 1gg accidentally on my mobile.

Check my invoice http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2732975/frankbradshaw?size=la...

Ummm...when does $263 not equal $263?



This math checks out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Send them that picture and ask them exactly how those numbers add up to $165. 'Cause it's clearly a $263 invoice. However, the Dungeon Critters *IS* mis-priced at $50 (it's actually only $10?), and did you actually order those because so many people have been getting them that didn't order them, while so many OTHER people that DID order them, didn't get them. Does this invoice actually reflect what you ordered in the Pledge Manager?

Also, condolences on ordering Black Fortress, only to find out that it's all just a buncha re-prints of already existing art instead of the unique art that we were all lead to believe it would be.

FrankBradshaw wrote:
Ummm...when does $263 not equal $263?
I kinda would like to know because I've been seeing a lot of $263 invoices and can't figure out how many people are able to order so much random stuff, but "always" get the same invoice amount.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
Avatar
mbmb
This is weird. If you spent $200+, you should get the damn book. You should certainly "please let them know" that their math is off.

Subscribed...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165
How much did you pledge during the Kickstarter? Was it only $165 and then you added more stuff to go over $200? Is that where the confusion is? I can't remember if the $200 only counted if you pledged $200 *during* the Kickstarter and not in the Pledge Manager?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would try to find your Mantic Digital email that has subject:

Your Mantic Pledge Manager order receipt from

And once verifying that you did in fact spend more than 200 dollars which your invoice even if you correct for the 42 dollar error in the price of the critters and tile clips that I am not sure what the price was supposed to be as I cannot find their add on graphic. But even if you did not pay for those I still get 201 for your total.

Then forward it with the email they sent you also attached.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165
How much did you pledge during the Kickstarter? Was it only $165 and then you added more stuff to go over $200? Is that where the confusion is? I can't remember if the $200 only counted if you pledged $200 *during* the Kickstarter and not in the Pledge Manager?


No pledge manager purchases also counted for the 200.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
EverywhereGames wrote:
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165
How much did you pledge during the Kickstarter? Was it only $165 and then you added more stuff to go over $200? Is that where the confusion is? I can't remember if the $200 only counted if you pledged $200 *during* the Kickstarter and not in the Pledge Manager?


No pledge manager purchases also counted for the 200.


That's what I thought because why I ruddy well did it. I worked it out a few times to make sure it was like just over 200 bucks. As for the Black Fortress expansion; yeah why did I buy this?

Lol if I send in the invoice do I qualify for a misprinted book?

No I don't remember ordering the critters. I have a lot of Warhammer Quest and would use stuff from that so I didn't need extra bugs. I'll dig out my original pledge email order thing. Who knows any more. Who bloody cares.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
EverywhereGames wrote:
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Unfortunately, even though your invoice shows a total of over $200, this would have been the total cost of each item if we'd charged you individually for them. However, you only actually spent $165
How much did you pledge during the Kickstarter? Was it only $165 and then you added more stuff to go over $200? Is that where the confusion is? I can't remember if the $200 only counted if you pledged $200 *during* the Kickstarter and not in the Pledge Manager?


No pledge manager purchases also counted for the 200.


That's what I thought because why I ruddy well did it. I worked it out a few times to make sure it was like just over 200 bucks. As for the Black Fortress expansion; yeah why did I buy this?

Lol if I send in the invoice do I qualify for a misprinted book?

No I don't remember ordering the critters. I have a lot of Warhammer Quest and would use stuff from that so I didn't need extra bugs. I'll dig out my original pledge email order thing. Who knows any more. Who bloody cares.


It is not like the hardback is anything special in fact. The covers are thicker than the contents from what I hear. Maybe you did not order the critters as they totally screwed up that part of the database but as long as you ordered the clips you should still be over 200.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything about this company and this kickstarter is FUBAR.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rockets
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
How much did you pledge during the Kickstarter? Was it only $165 and then you added more stuff to go over $200? Is that where the confusion is? I can't remember if the $200 only counted if you pledged $200 *during* the Kickstarter and not in the Pledge Manager?


I missed the KS - Just got added to the pledge Manager - and still got the Hard Cover.

With all the issues - I better go through my order to see if I got the right stuff! Will I need to open the core box at all to check? Or just check the extras?

Thanks!

Hope you get it sorted - They're reprinting the AC - - with your invoice / amount spent / proof - I don't see why they wouldn't give it to you, or put up any fight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very worrisome to me. My receipt from Mantic digital actually shows that they gave me a $1 discount, so my order was only 199. I specifically added all the expansions, including Black Fortress just to get to 200 and get a hardback. I didn't pay too much attention, and don't recall even noticing the discount. If they are splitting hairs over stuff like this and I don't get a hardback I'll be even more upset than I already am.

Of course, the AC has turned out to be nothing like what we were promised, so this would just be no-icing on the under-baked cake.

Did anyone who has already received their stuff pledge for Dungeon Master plus all four expansions, but nothing else, and get the hardback?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyrockets wrote:
Will I need to open the core box at all to check? Or just check the extras?
Check it ALL! I've only done my base game so far and noticed that of the 8 punch-boards, only 7 were there. Which probably explains why there were two shrink-wraps of punch-board instead of just one. CHECK IT ALL!

A complete break down of Game and Expansions contents
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
New_Sheriff wrote:
Everything about this company and this kickstarter is FUBAR.


It's just this KS. Their Kings of War line (and KS campaings) have been run very well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
Anyone selling their black fortress expansion?..missed out on the ks.and although I got a KS pack off ebay its not got black fortress or warlords expansions


Black fortress is just a tile set with doors and furniature. No mission even use it yet. Would not be surprised if it gets bundled into a full expansion next year with the missions we were supposed to get.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
tootz wrote:
Anyone selling their black fortress expansion?..missed out on the ks.and although I got a KS pack off ebay its not got black fortress or warlords expansions


Black fortress is just a tile set with doors and furniature. No mission even use it yet. Would not be surprised if it gets bundled into a full expansion next year with the missions we were supposed to get.


ahhh right,thanks for that brad
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
tootz wrote:
Anyone selling their black fortress expansion?..missed out on the ks.and although I got a KS pack off ebay its not got black fortress or warlords expansions


Black fortress is just a tile set with doors and furniature. No mission even use it yet. Would not be surprised if it gets bundled into a full expansion next year with the missions we were supposed to get.


I swear I'm not poking fun, but I had to post and let you know how much I love your type-o of 'furniature' to describe miniature furniture. I will use it from now until forever. Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dr-WhoopAss wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
tootz wrote:
Anyone selling their black fortress expansion?..missed out on the ks.and although I got a KS pack off ebay its not got black fortress or warlords expansions


Black fortress is just a tile set with doors and furniature. No mission even use it yet. Would not be surprised if it gets bundled into a full expansion next year with the missions we were supposed to get.


I swear I'm not poking fun, but I had to post and let you know how much I love your type-o of 'furniature' to describe miniature furniture. I will use it from now until forever. Thanks!


My posts have horrible grammar, sometimes missing words, and I do not even bother to use the built in spell checking since I never look back at stuff. But on the bright side no one paid for my stuff to expect anything better.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
jonnyrockets wrote:
Will I need to open the core box at all to check? Or just check the extras?
Check it ALL! I've only done my base game so far and noticed that of the 8 punch-boards, only 7 were there. Which probably explains why there were two shrink-wraps of punch-board instead of just one. CHECK IT ALL!

A complete break down of Game and Expansions contents


I second this. My base game has one mini missing and an extra of another different mini instead. I also have a door missing in the pack inside my base game box.

This KS has been a massive ball-ache. I definitely regret backing it, so I just hope the damn game is good after all this!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
EverywhereGames wrote:
jonnyrockets wrote:
Will I need to open the core box at all to check? Or just check the extras?
Check it ALL! I've only done my base game so far and noticed that of the 8 punch-boards, only 7 were there. Which probably explains why there were two shrink-wraps of punch-board instead of just one. CHECK IT ALL!

A complete break down of Game and Expansions contents


I second this. My base game has one mini missing and an extra of another different mini instead. I also have a door missing in the pack inside my base game box.

This KS has been a massive ball-ache. I definitely regret backing it, so I just hope the damn game is good after all this!


Thanks for the reference back to my Thread guys! Yes I recommend you check it completely. I might use the black fortress thing in conjunction with other games like Necromunda by GW as underground tunnels. Lol "massive ball-ache".

I'm missing loads of heroes I think but without a packing list (which must be used by Mantic when they got their first run from China to say Yes this is good to go to our customers) how do I make a comparison.

I still can't fathom out the Your invoice says over $200 but actually you only spent $165. How are you supposed to know if you hit the magic overspend unless you bought freaking everything??

How many people got a HB book? What did you have to buy to get it?

I had to spend ages convincing my wife that this was a good investment and worth the room it would take up - our money doesn't grow on trees.


Why didn't they concentrate on just the main box set? Get that right. then do mini KS later for the expansions. I just don't feel like playing this any more. But to sell it is going to be a kick in the bo**ocks because of the shear weight of the thing.

shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.