Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused about the game ending, as it seems abrupt and clunky. As I read the English rules, as soon as a player reaches 50 points, they announce it and the current journey (round) ends, taking all players back to start. Then, at the start of a journey if a player has 50 or more, the games ends and the highest total wins. So, If I decide to leave the ship and take a card which puts me over 50, the round immediately stops? Do the other players get a chance to leave as well, even those who planned to leave at the same island as me but were later in turn order? Why do the rules state to draw a new equipment card after announcing the end of the game and returning to the start - if the game is over the equipment cards are useless, correct? I guess I'm just thrown off by the 'New Journey' and 'End of the Game' sections in the rules as they don't quite flow together perfectly - why not just say the game ends immediately as soon as player exceeds 50 points if that is how it works?

Finally played a few games today and enjoyed it, but I just want to make sure I'm playing the end correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
As I read the English rules, as soon as a player reaches 50 points, they announce it and the current journey (round) ends, taking all players back to start.

Incorrect. The sentence

Quote:
If a player owns at least 50 points, they announce the end the game.

is in the New Journey section. When a new journey begins, a player with at least 50 points announces it; they do NOT announce it as soon as they get to it.

In this case you of course skip the rest of the new journey steps; it would be nice if it said "otherwise do these steps" but they are clearly unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I see how the rules are laid out now. For some reason I was reading the 'New Journey' section differently. This is the generic setup for each new round but a player first announces their 50 points if applicable. Now that I see it, it's very obvious. Thanks for un-dumbing me a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume if two people are over 50 at the beginning of the same journey they are joint winners?

You could say whoever has the highest score but we played a game over new years where two out of four players simultaneously finished on 50 points exactly!

It was my 4th or 5th game ever laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Happyshopper wrote:
I assume if two people are over 50 at the beginning of the same journey they are joint winners?

No:

Quote:
The player with the highest score is the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan seems to be our American Celestia expert always giving the right answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:

No:

Quote:

..while in case of tied highest scores happens what..?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
spokosin wrote:
tool wrote:

No:

Quote:

..while in case of tied highest scores happens what..?
thanks

of the tied players, the player with the most treasure cards wins.

odd that this tiebreaker rule was only in the german rules and not in any of the other languages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odd.
but again, what is the next tie breaker for card count then..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
spokosin wrote:
odd.
but again, what is the next tie breaker for card count then..?

Share the victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
i precise the one with the most different treasure cards win then shared victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theme wise, why not the lower count of treasure cards?? (more valuable individual treasures..it means the player went further to celestia than the other..)

anyhow, what is the very official victory conditions and their their tie-breakers then?
many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the editor of the game and i gave you the very official conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.