Subject: We are moving up in the HOTNESS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went from number 7 to number 6! How high can we go? Keep up the posts and thumbs !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah - and I'm working hard to push it up the list ; this afternoon the BGG system told me to wait a few minutes because I had posted too many comments in too short a timewhistle
What do you have to do to get a game on the KS staff pick list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
What would we do without you... While it's beneficial for one's psyche to believe in what you're doing, it's quite a bit easier to do so when you're not the only one who thinks that you've got a good thing going on!

And what comes to the staff pick list, I wouldn't know. If there's one thing I've got grant to BGG, it's that they know how to keep their secrets! I suspect though that it might help if the staff actually knows what they are recommending, so maybe we should make a sock puppet, hack their broadcast, and tell them that we want to play a game with them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
Denmark
LISELEJE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 8th now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarkan wrote:
In 8th now

8th is not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And remember that we were not even on the hotness a week ago! Let's try to push it up again.

I'd love to see some posts about how to strategize use of your heroes. Hope to use the rondel most effectively.

No spoilers. Maybe an example scenario one off highlighting what najes this game special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
Purgatoriant wrote:
And what comes to the staff pick list, I wouldn't know.

How To Get Featured on Kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah 8 is not bad. We are up against some giants here. But, let's not let that discourage us! We can still reach #1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Yeah 8 is not bad. We are up against some giants here. But, let's not let that discourage us! We can still reach #1!

That would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
lugiber wrote:

That would be awesome!

Stranger things have happened!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Eridis wrote:
lugiber wrote:

That would be awesome!

Stranger things have happened!

Indeed. Any my earlier game (Phantom League) made to #2 in hotness at best. And it was much smaller game from completely new publisher back then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Peter's attitude! Let's go!

But let's see if we can beg Timo for more good forum posts re: strategy, tactics, use of items, etc....no spoilers on the campaign of course. I feel like I understand the importance of tactics....just don't know what tactics are best.

Alsi, what group of characters who recommend for a well balanced solo player's party? Healer, Tank and Magic user? Or play 4 characters and add a ranged fighter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benwax123 wrote:

Alsi, what group of characters who recommend for a well balanced solo player's party? Healer, Tank and Magic user? Or play 4 characters and add a ranged fighter?

The rulebook recommends one priest and one warrior in your team at least. The rest is up to you, and depends a lot of the mission and the tactic you want to adopt (rush throught the level or save all victims and get all treasures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want some difficulty, just take both healers (Simma and Olazábal) on two player game. You'll have to really think differently then, as you'd like to avoid confrontations then. On some scenarios that is actually realistic, yet not easy.

Jalmari managed to play one of the harder scenarios through without killing any enemies. That's quite an achievement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
No wounds either. Insane thing to do, but doable with obsessive planning and maximum utilization of...

-Bastian and defence -spoke on the action wheel
-Simma's banish special
-Olazabal aiding others
-Niffil as a door and chest opener so that the scenario can be rushed (in turns, not game time) through before the "wrong kind" of baddies (like summoners with their damned ability to teleport and rotikkas with their swift and numerous limbs) are the only things that are left to spawn.

The whole thing took half a day to pull off and was inspired by the fact that fighting and killing an enemy technically achieves three things:
-One less enemy trying to hurt you
-Less skill cards in everybody's hands because of aiding and buffing
-Waste of time, which means turns spent more or less on not playing for the objectives and you give time for more enemies to spawn

Silly thing to do and you'll be just a lot better off just picking your fights. But at least this dumb stunt proved what you can do when the heroes cooperate to the max. You can play a horror game without having even a single drop of blood spilled. Whaaaaat?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How about selling your soul to the insectoid god? He must have an interest in getting this game funded - or else he won't come into existence. Does anyone have his adress?
But seriously: I think all this posting and creating new topics in the forums are essential parts of moving up in the hotness list. I still don't know why the game isn't on the KS staff pick list; this attracts attention as the search engine is able to find corresponding items. But let's try to keep the comments and topics flowing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Migimaus wrote:
How about selling your soul to the insectoid god? He must have an interest in getting this game funded - or else he won't come into existence. Does anyone have his adress?
But seriously: I think all this posting and creating new topics in the forums are essential parts of moving up in the hotness list. I still don't know why the game isn't on the KS staff pick list; this attracts attention as the search engine is able to find corresponding items. But let's try to keep the comments and topics flowing...

I believe that the staff picks depends on the number of votes each update gets. But (as usual) I might be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What's happening?! This morning I started my daily thumbing and saw that PM has dropped to no. 13. ??? The community seems very active and nevertheless PM loses it's hotness position?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are hot but from personal experience, some of these other games are white hot. If i could marry Pandemic Legacy, i would. My love child with Time Stories is 9 months away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Ben Waxman said. Plus, yesterday was kind of slow.
But pledges are steadily increasing and that's what matters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! And if you are in a position to buy an extra pledge as a gift to a like-minded gamer friend, let the spirit of the season move you and double your pledge.

It's only money, and you will be making your friend VERY happy, and bring Timo's dream to life!

Happy holidays!

(And if all else fails share this photo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that most important factors in hotness are the amount of posts/thumbs from unique persons.

And games from big manufacturers can easily summon larger crowds. We ought to be very proud that our (still rather small, but even more committed) team + backers have managed to get to hotness. And even without new videos from Rahdo (when we were also in hotness for a week or so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
I think that most important factors in hotness are the amount of posts/thumbs from unique persons.

And games from big manufacturers can easily summon larger crowds. We ought to be very proud that our (still rather small, but even more committed) team + backers have managed to get to hotness. And even without new videos from Rahdo (when we were also in hotness for a week or so).

I agree!
The commitment from the backers to this game is like something I've never seen!
If just a few more people should "see the light" there's no telling where this might end up. Once you've been bitten by the insectoid bug there's obviously no turning back!
And Timo, if you ever decide to stop making games you could always start a religion. You seem to have a talent for attracting fanatical fanatical followers! (Me included.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Eridis wrote:

I agree!
The commitment from the backers to this game is like something I've never seen!
If just a few more people should "see the light" there's no telling where this might end up. Once you've been bitten by the insectoid bug there's obviously no turning back!
And Timo, if you ever decide to stop making games you could always start a religion. You seem to have a talent for attracting fanatical fanatical followers! (Me included.)

Now I feel like a Summoner - summoning some new game for existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now I know how to find your booth in Essen 2016 - I'll just follow all your zombie-like minions (aka as fellow backers) who will clear the path and do everything to reach you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.