Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legendary Gear and "open gear cards" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've completed the first quest and get one Legendary Fortune to add to my campaign pool. So next quest, does that count as one of the "open gear cards", i.e. one of the 12 I add? Also, are pretty much all gear cards "open"? The whole "open" term is a bit confusing. And where does Odious Grump go in the campaign pool? As an open enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In your mind, when you see "open" think "random" and it will make sense.

the legendary fortune cards are called out in their own bullet under Campaign Pool in the LtP book and do not say to remove anything.

Dungeon cards in the pool are called out in their own bullet and do specify to remove a random from the deck for each added .

With that, I say you add the legendary without removing any other cards from the deck.

Edit: All nemesis cards in the pool are shuffled into the enemy deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, so instead of having 12 gear cards you start with 13?

And the nemeses stay in throughout, even if they're subsequently killed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NikToo wrote:
Ok, so instead of having 12 gear cards you start with 13?

And the nemeses stay in throughout, even if they're subsequently killed?

Yes, I had the same uncertainty as well as I saw opens removed in one deck but not the other....but appears to be by design as printed.

Remove opens for dungeon cards but not for gear (or enemies).

In a way makes sense since if you removed gear cards it would effectively make it easier to draw Legendary Fortune. If you had all of the Legendary Fortune cards added you could end up with a much higher chance of drawing Legendary Fortune if you removed the opens (4 out of 12 chance vice 4 out of 16)

As for the nemeses, once you defeat them after the quest you first encountered them they remain gone and go back to the box.

Happy Adventuring!

Redd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As for the nemeses, once you defeat them after the quest you first encountered them they remain gone and go back to the box.

Happy Adventuring!

Redd[/q]

* After the first quest even when defeated, it says to add Odious Grump the campain pool... I took that to mean he is now a random encounter

* After the second quest it does not say to add the nemesis... so by winning, I took this to mean to remove both Nurgle and Odius from the game so that could NOT be a random encounter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
* After the second quest it does not say to add the nemesis... so by winning, I took this to mean to remove both Nurgle and Odius from the game so that could NOT be a random encounter

The rules indicate how a Nemesis that has been added to the campaign pool should be handled. Rules reference, page 11, Nemeses section. It is shuffled into the enemy deck when added to the campaign pool. It remains in the campaign pool, and thus the enemy deck, until it is drawn and defeated in one of the quests. It is then returned the game box as indicated in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hester
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
aReclusiveMind wrote:
Rocky123 wrote:

The rules indicate how a Nemesis that has been added to the campaign pool should be handled. Rules reference, page 11, Nemeses section. It is shuffled into the enemy deck when added to the campaign pool. It remains in the campaign pool, and thus the enemy deck, until it is drawn and defeated in one of the quests. It is then returned the game box as indicated in the rules.

It's also removed from the campaign pool.

• If a nemesis from the campaign pool is defeated, it is returned to
the game box and is no longer used for the rest of the campaign.

Just want to make sure people aren't having to fight Odious over and over each quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.