Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought a starter set with a stack of maybe 100 random cards (mostly from Quidditch Cup I think) on the Ebay. I'm excited about playing it with my kids in a couple years, but in the meantime my husband fell in love with the game too. So, I find myself obsessing over Ebay.

I've read in other threads that the base set is the best place to start, so part of me leans that way. the other put leans towards Quidditch cup, since I have a bunch of cool-looking Quidditch cards that I can't use because I don't have enough Quidditch lessons

Should I forget about those Quidditch cards and focus on acquiring more of the base set? Or should I try to get some Quidditch boosters? How likely is a mixed set of random cards from ebay to contain Quidditch and Potions lessons? If I found a booster box from a later set, would those contain Quid ditch lessons too?

Thanks for any help- I'm super excited about this game, maybe more so than my budget allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base set is the only set that did not contain Qudditch lessons. It's also the most difficult/expensive to find right now. All of the sets are quite good, so I would look at acquiring whatever can be found most cheaply (I'm thinking that's probably Qudditch Cup and Diagon Alley right now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Interesting that the base is harder to find now... earlier threads seemed to imply that was not always the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Fall
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In casual play, you could always use other Lessons and decide that in this deck, all Charms Lessons are actually Quidditch Lessons. If you play a deck that combines Quidditch with another coulour, you will of course have to keep the colours separated.

You can find all card texts on www.pojo.com/harrypotter/ccg, so you can make proxies of any cards you like. I haven´t done so myself, but it could be useful for someone getting into the game. If you want to use a particular starting character, like Madam Rolanda Hooch for your Quidditch deck, and you don´t have the character card, then you can just copy the text on a piece of paper. Since you don´t shuffle the starting character into the deck, it doesn´t have to be a card.

Good luck with your adventures into this game. It´s a really good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I love the idea about starting characters; that would not have occurred to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.