11 Posts

Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Where to start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Glambeck
msg tools
mbmb
So I don't own any versions of Viticulture or Tuscany but I am able to get the 2nd edition and tuscany seperate at my local FLGS.I don't want to be missing parts of tuscany that don't come in the VEE. Should I wait to get the essential edition, and buy tuscany seperate? Or do I buy the 2nd edition and Tuscany and the upgrade pack? Either way seems like if I want the entire experience there's going to be some overlapping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandela FG
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If you want everything you'll be sorted buying the second edition and Tuscany. There is nothing offered in the Essential Edition which will not be in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Essential Edition replaces the 2nd ed., so there's no problem there. But it would be better because some things are upgraded from the 2nd ed. Check out the details: VEE Details on Stonemaier Games Website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Glambeck
msg tools
mbmb
I think I'm going to start with the essential edition and hope that there is a revised tuscany that follows it later. That should give me time to explore the few expansions that it includes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that if they do a revised Tuscany, it will be missing 4 small expansions. So it will not be complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
Keep in mind that if they do a revised Tuscany, it will be missing 4 small expansions. So it will not be complete.

But if he buys the Essential Edition, he will already have those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
RyoKanzaki wrote:
I think I'm going to start with the essential edition and hope that there is a revised tuscany that follows it later. That should give me time to explore the few expansions that it includes.

The one thing I'd try to track down right now are the metal coins. They are fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

This is taken from another thread.

Quote:
If you are a completionist, you'll be interested to know that there are four expansions that Stonemaier games has confirmed that they have no intention of re-printing:
• Arboriculture
• Formaggio
• Mafia
• Patronage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:

Keep in mind that a revised Tuscany is still an "if" and not for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

This is taken from another thread.

Quote:
If you are a completionist, you'll be interested to know that there are four expansions that Stonemaier games has confirmed that they have no intention of re-printing:
• Arboriculture
• Formaggio
• Mafia
• Patronage

Nothing is final at this point, but if we do a new Tuscany, then those four will most likely be left out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Tuscany "4 season board" simply would have come with Essential Edition... it would have really been all that was essential!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.