Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the fact that I can maintain a list of my games in BGG. What other lists do you maintain and where do you store them? I had an Excel spreadsheet of all my DVDs and Blu-rays (about 3,500 titles), but somehow I lost or deleted it. I will recreate it some day. I also keep a checklist of my comics on printed Excel sheets. I check off issue numbers as I get them. That's about it for me. How about you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
I love the fact that I can maintain a list of my games in BGG. What other lists do you maintain and where do you store them? I had an Excel spreadsheet of all my DVDs and Blu-rays (about 3,500 titles), but somehow I lost or deleted it. I will recreate it some day. I also keep a checklist of my comics on printed Excel sheets. I check off issue numbers as I get them. That's about it for me. How about you?

Very informative, but it would have been much better if you gave it to us in list form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep a list of game acquisitions with how much I paid for the game, how much it cost to ship the game out to someone else (in a trade) what I had to trade it for, etc. It helps me determine whether I got a good trade value or not.

I also keep a log of shipments going out with tracking numbers, the game, BGG username, etc.

But a lot of people probably don't trade games enough to make those lists make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Very informative, but it would have been much better if you gave it to us in list form.

Good point.

Lists I maintain:

1) Board games owned
2) This list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have lists (in XML) of my board games that I own, movies watched in theaters (title, location, price, people I watched with, even which theater #), my automobile gasoline purchases (mileage, station, mpg). I also keep all of my activities recorded on Strava and have a Python application (in git) to download the data and print statistics.

Sometimes I feel that maintaining the list is more effort than it is worth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
hamzy wrote:

I used to log all my plays here on BGG. It was helpful sometimes, especially with the kids, to see what age one child started playing/enjoying a certain game. But after a while it was too much effort, and too little return, so I gave it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been keeping a list of books I have read since 1992. Started out in a notebook; transferred it to an xcel sheet a couple of years ago. Just finished my 918th book (since '92).

I also have a Word doc with a list of "books to look for" - ones I want to read. Started that at least 20 years ago, been keeping it on the computer for at least 10 years. It's 18 pages long...

When I was in high school/college, for a while I kept track of what albums I listened to. Probably did that for about 5 years.

I like lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
hamzy wrote:

I used to log all my plays here on BGG. It was helpful sometimes, especially with the kids, to see what age one child started playing/enjoying a certain game. But after a while it was too much effort, and too little return, so I gave it up.

I logged plays at one point, but I stopped when a friend asked me why I did it and I couldn't give a response that justified the effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
hamzy wrote:
I have lists (in XML)movies watched in theaters (title, location, price, people I watched with, even which theater.

Back in the 1970s, I saved my movie theater ticket stubs and wrote the names of the movies on the back. In those days, the movie title wasn't printed on the ticket. They just used generic tickets that had "admit one" printed on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I have been keeping a list of books I have read since 1992. Started out in a notebook; transferred it to an xcel sheet a couple of years ago. Just finished my 918th book (since '92).

I also have a Word doc with a list of "books to look for" - ones I want to read. Started that at least 20 years ago, been keeping it on the computer for at least 10 years. It's 18 pages long...

When I was in high school/college, for a while I kept track of what albums I listened to. Probably did that for about 5 years.

I like lists.

I did this in high school and wish I had continued. I read 2-3 books/week now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

I like lists.

I did this in high school and wish I had continued. I read 2-3 books/week now.

Never too late to start.

edit: stupid typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:

I keep a list of every movie I ever watched on Google Drive.

And a couple others here and there, like TV Shows I've Watched, Books I've Read, etc. but mostly the movies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a second... no one maintains a list of enemies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Wait a second... no one maintains a list of enemies?

No need to write that down, it is forever etched in my heart devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a list of the DVDs and Blu-Rays that I own, kept in Google docs.

I also have a notebook in which I've written down every movie I've seen in the theater, going back to 1996.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
tatoolo wrote:

Good point.

Lists I maintain:

1) Board games owned
2) This list

A list of wmshub's lists
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of these are on Excel sheets, except for lists on BGG and my Lego inventory. In no real order, but BGG related things first:

0) Contacts, on my mobile phone as well as Gmail and work Outlook accounts
1) Games owned on BGG
2) Wish/want list on BGG
3) Games received and traded away in math trades
4) Lego pieces owned (using Brickstore software in conjunction with Bricklink.com)
4b) Lego sets owned on Peeron.com, although I gave up on this a couple of years ago due to lack of updates of Peeron's database
5) Store/hotel rewards programs I belong to
6) Purchases on Bricklink.com, along with prices and item descriptions
6b) Collectible minifigs for sale on my Bricklink store
6c) Orders received on Bricklink
7) Household chores with frequencies (daily/weekly/monthly) and last date completed (or checkboxes for the daily portion)
8) All purchases/expenses with transaction dates/categories/amounts/descriptions (for personal finances and budgeting)
8b) All deposits into and transfers between bank accounts
9) All of my personal belongings with estimated values and photographs, for insurance purposes (god forbid something might ever happen like robbery or a fire)
10) KLM Houses (I used to fly KLM a lot for work, two jobs ago. This list is over at 21 collected)
11) Gas fill-ups, with KM driven and L pumped, estimating mileage in L/100km
12) Spices in my kitchen
13) List of TV shows downloaded along with original filesize and size after being converted to x265 HEVC. (I ran out of space on my media drive, and rather than add a new drive I'm converting shows to x265 with an average 50% savings on space!)

Similar to many comments, I used to have a list of TV/movies downloaded but gave that up because searching is easy enough in Win7. Instead, I use FileBot to tag all the movies I download with genres as listed on IMDB (appended to the end of filenames)

Also not included is this list, because I don't intend to maintain it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
tatoolo wrote:

Good point.

Lists I maintain:

1) Board games owned
2) This list

Who gave you a copy of my list, I need to have a word with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Most of my lists are only around for a week or a month. There are two (that I can think of) that I maintain.

1) All cards in my Magic deck. This deck is designed for a multi-player casual play type that my friends have called "fatty" -- the deck is just fat. It's meant to be no fewer than 200 cards, but most decks of this type are much larger. Mine currently has 1201 cards. I keep it in Excel because I've set up formulas to calculate how much land I need.

2) I keep a list of what recipes I canned, number of jars and size, date on which they were canned, and date on which we used the last jar. I keep it in the recipe box in the kitchen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Jester
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."--George Orwell
mbmbmb
1) Games played (game, location, players, winner, new) on BGG
2) Movies watched on Letterboxd
3) Books read on Goodreads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevov
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Geek, as well as the usual owned/played/wishlist, I have a bunch of secret geeklists in my quickbar of things to do when I get spare time, eg. games/versions that are missing from BGG.

Outside the Geek I list:

Films/TV series owned & cinema/watched/star-rating, on IMDB.
Books owned & dates read, on LibraryThing.
Gigs attended, on Setlist.fm.

I haven't found a good site for listing my music collection though yet (CDs/downloads/vinyl/etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
I keep it in the recipe box in the kitchen.

So that's where it is. I was wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.