Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming with Kids

Subject: Conflict resolution/debating/social interaction games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
iris gelles
msg tools

We have a group of 3th-4th graders’ playing once a week, so far we played and enjoyed: catan, ticket to ride, mice and mystics, sleeping queens, king of Tokyo, Jaipur, Carcassonne.

I’m looking for games in which players will have more social interaction between them self: debating, conflict resolution, any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Meyers
United States
Central Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperatives. You seek cooperatives!

For that age group, my kids have enjoyed:
Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert as the standards.
Also Castle Panic.
A lesser known and challenging little gem is Jupiter Rescue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think the game you want is Superfight.

The game takes absurdly comical superpowered entities and asks the ages-old question, "So who would win in a fight?"

To see if your kid would like this, ask your kid this:

"Who would win in a fight? A bus full of ninjas that explode when touched and have the power to control magnatism... or a T-rex that can clone itself but is afraid of the dark?"

Argue it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Nugent

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try Between Two Cities, which is fast and easy to understand. Since each city is built cooperatively by two adjacent players, it makes for some nice relaxed social interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.