Subject: Yedo for £18.99 (plus p&p) at Boardgameguru rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yedo is £18.99 at Boardgameguru at the moment. Postage is £5.75, but is flat rate, so if you're getting something else (Mythotopia for £16.49 would be my suggestion...) this is definitely worth adding in. Even if you don't, £24.74 is a pretty decent price anyway!

Yedo link: http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/yedo-13748-p.asp
Mythotopia link: http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/mythotopia-23057-p.asp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
But I's just promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more games this year. Gaaaah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Baker
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an absolute bargain for an excellent game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TMVM wrote:
But I's just promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more games this year. Gaaaah.

I've already bought 3 this month! Gaaaaah indeed! But I can remain strong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I read somewhere that BGGuru will hold orders so you can assemble a bigger package* to save on shipping? I know Milan-spiele and Spiel-Offensiv do this in Deutschland.

*Please, no "large package" jokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought the Pegasus Spiele version pictured is not language independent?

Likewise for Polis: Fight for the Hegemony PS version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Fish
msg tools
Two different product codes, both by pegasus spiele, 54560G (German) and 54560E (English).

Board Game Guru doesn't specify which one this is. I would HOPE that if it doesn't say then it's in English given its a UK website. Only way to be certain is to ask though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
Thought the Pegasus Spiele version pictured is not language independent?[/thing] PS version?

It's a good point. There IS a Pegasus Englsih version (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/176160/englis...) but that - I think - was the one that was long sold-out before the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully Paul bobs on here and notices the discussion at some point then, as both are on my radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn it if I knew this I would have added it to my order. Better get angry and leave one star reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
davisdynamos wrote:
if you're getting something else (Mythotopia for £16.49 would be my suggestion...)

My suggestion would be to buy Mythotopia from Gameseek for £13 delivered.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/toysrq4s3yp0cve/games/puzzles-m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simon_j_barnes wrote:
davisdynamos wrote:
if you're getting something else (Mythotopia for £16.49 would be my suggestion...)

My suggestion would be to buy Mythotopia from Gameseek for £13 delivered.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/toysrq4s3yp0cve/games/puzzles-m...

That's not going to help with combined shipping from the guru for Yedo though is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
scott3387 wrote:
Damn it if I knew this I would have added it to my order. Better get angry and leave one star reviews.

If your previous order hasn't shipped, they will normally be able to just shop it along with the previous one, as it's flat rate shipping...

They did for me on last week's orders anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
negatrev wrote:
That's not going to help with combined shipping from the guru for Yedo though is it.

No but it is going to help prevent people paying an extra £3.50. Saving money I would have thought was ultimately the goal. Here I'll spell it out for you:

Both bought separately (as I suggest): £37.73

Bought together (with combined shipping): £41.23

You're welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and that's great, but still doesn't combine the shipping. The article was for saving money buying Yedo, not just saving money. Your example just says buy Mythotopia elsewhere, there's absolutely no reason to buy it at the same time as Yedo.

People combining shipping may also want to support a FOGS (Friendly On-line Gaming Store?) rather than a video game website also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we yet know if the Yedo is English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SOOOO tempted by Yedo, but just don't think i can justify it given Lords of Waterdeep hasn't had enough plays yet.

But i can highly recommend mythotopia, however i'd favour the Limited edition if you can find it, the default tokens for armies and towns aren't particularly clear at a glance (and frustratingly only have printing on one side).

Going to google how to pimp out mythotopia.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristina Colpos
United Kingdom
Sutton
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest for people who enjoy 2 player games to take a look at a great deal Polis for £19.99 http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/polis--fight-for-the-hegemony.... It is an excellent game that is highly underrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
negatrev wrote:
...and that's great, but still doesn't combine the shipping.

Are you for real? The reason for combining shipping is to save money. My suggestion saves money. Period.

negatrev wrote:
The article was for saving money buying Yedo,not just saving money.

In which case why aren't you calling people out for suggesting buying something else?

negatrev wrote:
Your example just says buy Mythotopia elsewhere, there's absolutely no reason to buy it at the same time as Yedo.

In which case, I suspect most reasonably rational people would simply not buy it and just buy Yedo.

negatrev wrote:
People combining shipping may also want to support a FOGS (Friendly On-line Gaming Store?) rather than a video game website also

They are entitled to do so. I personally like to save money and my suggestions help people do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deedee2003 wrote:
I would suggest for people who enjoy 2 player games to take a look at a great deal Polis for £19.99 http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/polis--fight-for-the-hegemony.... It is an excellent game that is highly underrated.

That's now the crux of this thread though Christina, as I want both Polis and Yedo, but the versions shown aren't the English versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristina Colpos
United Kingdom
Sutton
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
deedee2003 wrote:

That's now the crux of this thread though Christina, as I want both Polis and Yedo, but the versions shown aren't the English versions.

I have not realized that the games are not in English. I just ordered Yedo. I sent an email to cancel my order. I hope that it's going to be canceled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristina Colpos
United Kingdom
Sutton
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a reply from Paul and he confirmed that Yedo and Polis, are both in English language
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedee2003 wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
deedee2003 wrote:
I have not realized that the games are not in English. I just ordered Yedo. I sent an email to cancel my order. I hope that it's going to be canceled.
It's not 100% certain the games are not in English. There is an eggert/pegasus English edition* as well as a German (only) edition. BGGuru normally makes it quite clear when games are NOT in English.

*the English first edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deedee2003 wrote:

Excellent game indeed - and a fantastic bargain. Not underrated if you know where to look mind. If you check the AVERAGE rating it's in the top 50 of all games that have at least 1000 votes. (That's how I found it 2 years ago - the BGG rating tries desperately to hide these newer gems from us!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An email or phone call to the retailer usually answers the question - thanks to Cristina for the email. The pictures are misleading and need to be changed (I used to import the foreign language editions). Polis and Yedo i n the specials are both English language editions.

I do sell imported non Englsih langauge editions and they will be clearly described as not English in the description. Back to packing Yedos and Polis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.