BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Zombies!!! or Humans!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
msg tools
mb
Which game is funner?

Also, I'd consider Martians!!! or MidEvil if one is SOOO much better than the rest are but I'm leaning towards Zombies/Humans due to the themes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
What is it you think will be fun about these games? There are a lot of very fun zombie themed games out there to consider. What about Zombicide or
Last Night on Earth? Both of those are fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Spain
United States
Greenville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither. Go with Zombicide, PostHumous Z or even The Walking Dead: The Board Game. All of those are better than Zombies! or Humans! and I LOVE zombie games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
To give you an answer to your question instead of the usual BGG snobbery of trying to impose games on you, the better one of those 2 games is Humans!!! One comment that sums it up from a BGG user: "Being a Zombies!!! fan I figured I would like this one, and I do...even more. The addition of wounds and capture cards adds a nice element to the game. Wounds making it possible for your zombies to be taken out by the humans and capture cards giving you options of eating or turning a human....or having the human escape. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
bradelli wrote:
To give you an answer to your question instead of the usual BGG snobbery of trying to impose games on you, the better one of those 2 games is Humans!!! One comment that sums it up from a BGG user: "Being a Zombies!!! fan I figured I would like this one, and I do...even more. The addition of wounds and capture cards adds a nice element to the game. Wounds making it possible for your zombies to be taken out by the humans and capture cards giving you options of eating or turning a human....or having the human escape. "

Yep. You got me. That was the purpose of my answer . . . to be a "snob". shake

Nothing better than being insulted in a passive aggressive manner in a recommendation thread. Yikes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
bradelli wrote:

Yep. You got me. That was the purpose of my answer . . . to be a "snob". shake

Nothing better than being insulted in a passive aggressive manner in a recommendation thread. Yikes.

Will use it as an example here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1482461/board-game-snobs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mb
I actually am considering getting LNoE & Zombicide. I've yet to hear of or research PostHumous. None of the walking dead games looked impressive to me.Although, I may try WD Bang Dice. I was just trying to find out what the best version of the Zombies!!! series was in the opinions of people that have played them. I may get one and would like to get the best adaption first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
copsrus wrote:
I actually am considering getting LNoE & Zombicide. I've yet to hear of or research PostHumous. None of the walking dead games looked impressive to me.Although, I may try WD Bang Dice. I was just trying to find out what the best version of the Zombies!!! series was in the opinions of people that have played them. I may get one and would like to get the best adaption first.

I ended up selling Last Night on Earth after obtaining Zombicide, but you'll find a lot of people that really love LNoE. My problem was that it has that one player playing a bad guy element to it.

Zombies!!! is better than Humans!!! Although you can combine sets easily if you end up with both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is the more thematic game, but the fact that it does have one player as the zombie master, and that it's really at its best with five people, makes it a little harder to get to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both, but in the long run, I like Zombies!!! better. The character powers and options in Humans feel fresh, but didnt hold up with my friends. The kick-in, kill-the-zombies has been more consistently entertaining. The expansions add plenty of variety, and in a simple game player powers feels more gimmicky.

Both are quite fun, however, just depends whether you want to control a zombie hirde or kill one.

As it happens, I have both base sets up for sale on the geekmarket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
I think Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is the more thematic game, but the fact that it does have one player as the zombie master, and that it's really at its best with five people, makes it a little harder to get to the table.

I prefer alien invasion games.

I own both Martians!!! and (from same company that does LNOE) Invasion from Outer Space: The Martian Game, preferring the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Krueger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big Zombies fan. I have all the expansions, and there is a lot of material there. With a few house rules, and the right group of people, it is actually a ton of fun. If you are too serious, you miss the crux of the game. I have had fun the more people that are playing. Two isn't quite right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also prefer Zombies!!! over Humans!!!. If you do end up getting Zombies!!! I recommend also picking up the expansion Zombies!!! 3.5: Not Dead Yet, since it only adds more cards to the original game without new rules. You may also want to check out some of the variants posted in the Zombies!!! forums that improve the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Witgeers
Belgium
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really can't choose, why not get both? They can be combined with the option to play as a Shotgun Guy or a Zombie. I have both and like them quite a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Humans!!!, but I love Zombies!!! If having an expandable game is important to you, there are way more expansions for Zombies!!! than for Humans!!!

I own Martians!!!, but have not played it, so I can't tell you anything useful about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.