Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played with one other human, we did a four-hero thing, we put the four heroes roughly in a corner of a table... four action cards in a square (2x2 grid), hero card on top. That seemed to work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cribbs
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes! I played the first quest this way last night. Got my butt handed to me, but even though space was a little tight, it was do-able.

I find it more enjoyable than playing 2 heroes solo, because there is such great synergy between all four heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What happened to me with Shadowrun:Crossfire (that I rate very highly btw) repeated itself in WQACG:
I kept losing with 2 heroes so I tried with all four and it was great. My preference is definitely for 4 heroes in both games now; great mental workout!

I play 4 heroes solo on a decent-size coffee table, only c.90x60cm or 3x2ft though, so it doesn't require that much space in fact.

My setup:
Two heroes on either side, everything else at the top (all other decks) - plenty of room for enemies and dice rolls in the middle of the table.

Like so:

Pile of | Dungeon cards - Gear - Location - Enemies - Scenario Card - Nemesis
tokens |
---------.....................................(Shadows)..............................................

Hero card 1 - item(s) - .................................................. - item(s) - Hero Card 2
Skills X-X-X-X - enemies X-X-X.............................X-X-X enemies - X-X-X-X skills
Hero card 3 - item(s) - .................................................. - item(s) - Hero Card 4
Skills X-X-X-X - enemies X-X-X.............................X-X-X enemies - X-X-X-X skills

Important tip:
To save space, I keep all skill cards side by side and do not 'tap' them to exhaust: I place a red glass stone on the card to remind me it's been used (can substitute with cubes or simply lay down a wound token near the bottom of the card).

Just successfully managed Quest 2 earlier, excellent game - very tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unused cards stacked next to character card. Used cards stacked sideways (tapped) under character card. Enemies above character card. Everything else above the party. Did it on a 48" x 28" double size play mat and had room to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rathmourne wrote:

To save space, I keep all skill cards side by side and do not 'tap' them to exhaust: I place a red glass stone on the card to remind me it's been used (can substitute with cubes or simply lay down a wound token near the bottom of the card).

just running two heroes i do this, i just use a damage token for it. saves a lot of room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Soeiro
Portugal
Portalegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I play WQ with 4 heroes. I use a setup like the game Darkest Night, with the heroes exposed vertically on line. The same type of action card is in the same line. The gears cards on left and the shadow on right. I use tokens for exausted cards, avoiding tapping the action cards and enemy cards.

gear card-rest-aid-combat-explore-hero-space for 3 enemies----shadow

gear card-rest-aid-combat-explore-hero-space for 3 enemies----shadow

....and so on

The location, scenario card on top. Tokens in 1 or 2 boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.