Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On each of these cards it says 'if you do not control (foot or range) units, issue an order to a unit of choice. Does this mean you can not issue an order to 1 unit you choose instead even though you may control units of that type?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I believe if you have the required unit then the card effect/privilege is applied. If you don't have the required unit then you may order 1 other unit (i.e not the required type) of your choice.

The point of the thing is so that you can still use the card to do something even if you don't have the required type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
On each of these cards it says 'if you do not control (foot or range) units, issue an order to a unit of choice. Does this mean you can not issue an order to 1 unit you choose instead even though you may control units of that type?

The wording seems quite unambiguous to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
niels wrote:
Gamer DC wrote:

The wording seems quite unambiguous to me.

Without ambiguoity or not, can you choose to order 1 unit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Only if you control no units of the speficied type.

As above, I don't see how there's any ambiguity in the wording whatsoever. It specifically says that's something you can only do if you control no units of the specified type. The card does not read "Perform A or perform B", it reads "Perform A. If this specific condition exists such that you cannot perform A, you may perform B". I don't see how one could possibly read the ability to perform B if the conditions are not met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let's look at the specifics of Darken the Sky

Issue an order to all units equipped with ranged weapons....
This card lets you order units with ranged weapons.

If you do not command any units equipped with a ranged weapon, issue an order to 1 unit of your choice
If you have no ranged units (which would use the primary order in the first paragraph), you can command 1 unit of your choice.

The only way you can use this card to issue an order to a unit of your choice is if you do not have any ranged units under your command. So in answer to your question...if you command ranged units, you may NOT use this card to issue an order to 1 unit of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
There, that was easy shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your responses, I was reading this (even though it seemed like I wasn't) and playing it as it is obviously stated. It would seem that choosing to play 1 unit instead of the 'onslaught' of units would be a 'lesser' play (in some cases) and so I wondered, maybe it is possible. Thanks for the help (even though the question wasn't really needed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.