6 Posts

Historia» Forums » General

Subject: Have the designers abandoned this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
I have followed Historia since its early days on KS. Got it, and then the expansion.

I like this game, despite some major flaws in design. At the core, it's a well thought out game. However, I feel like the designers have abandoned this game. They don't post, they don't reply. The rules are unclear in many regards and nothing seems to be done about it.

I've played it many times with different tweaks each time. I'm trying to find the sweet spot for the game. I feel the original game, the way it's made to be played, does not work. Either it's unbalanced or repetitive.

I'll post my official variant soon; not really a variant, more of a list of minor tweaks and house rules that improve this game.

Where are the designers? Hello!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

Like yourself, I followed this game from the beginning, even proofreading Marco's rules before they went final. While I agree that the rules could use one or two tweaks (of which I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this issue), Marco has been quite responsive over the past few years. They've been busy with some additional games, as well.

So, as to your concerns with the rules, this is a great venue to discuss...

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to hear your thoughts on the flaws of the game.

I've played it quite a few times by myself and twice with other people. I thoroughly enjoy the game. The only "flaw" I might point out is that the leader tends to stay the leader and there seem to be few catch-up mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very curious to see your variant rules, we also house ruled this game. I'm not a fan of house ruling, but this is an awesome game, just not perfected.......yet.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JPN38 wrote:
I would also like to hear your thoughts on the flaws of the game.

I've played it quite a few times by myself and twice with other people. I thoroughly enjoy the game. The only "flaw" I might point out is that the leader tends to stay the leader and there seem to be few catch-up mechanics.

Interesting that you say that, because I've found that the turn order can be a huge catch up mechanic. I've seen people who were losing at the start shoot up and win later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know! It could simply be my poor playing, but I've seen this with the bots alone and with human players without bots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.