Subject: Spyfall Variant: counter-espionage & rogue spy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Shi
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
I really enjoy playing Spyfall, and as I played it quite a few times, I'm always looking to upgrade my copy We really enjoy the "all-spy/spy academy" variant!

These ideas were influenced by the "cleaner" role of Mafia de Cuba
I thought of implementing these options:

Counter-espionage: in games with two or more spies, any spy can immediately call out, "I'm the spy, and I think the _____ is a spy!" If he's right, he wins immediately. Otherwise, he, as well as that unfortunate person, are out of the round.

The rogue spy: Similar to counter-espionage, it is used in games with two or more spies. One of the spy cards is marked (with blue tape, etc) as the "rogue" spy. The rogue's singular goal is to eliminate another spy. He cannot guess where he is- he can only assassinate. At any point, he can stand up point at a person with his hands in the shape of a gun, and shout "pow!" If that person was a spy, he wins! Otherwise, he, as well as the poor shot bloke, are out of the round.

With these options, I hope to make everyone slightly twitchier, and push the pace of the game slightly.

What are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Mucklow
United Kingdom
Swindon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Variant thought: counter-espionage &
These role suggestions sound fun! How do you manage the set-up? I'm assuming it means I need to have 2 spy cards in each 'deck'? I'd always include 1 but it would be luck as to whether there was a second spy or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Vosper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you could just grab 2 decks and take the bottom spy card from one and put it into the other without looking at the locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Shi
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
Yup, that would be the way! It depends on how you store your spy cards. I tend to store all my spy cards separately in a pile so I can then shuffle in as many spy cards into a location as desired

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.